Close Escapes

Day 36, winter is almost over. Wilson is also almost starving, completely insane and has 6 health. I was running around being chased by night terrors trying to stuff his face with berries and pick up flowers without dying and it's probably the worst thing I've ever gotten myself into. I was doing so well, I'm not sure what went wrong, other than absolutely everything. Next winter I'm not budging out my camp for a second.

What's the worst situation you've ever escaped? (Without dying and resurrecting, that is. Sure wish I had a meat effigy around.)

summer came unexpectedly.. i had a very cool base and well supplied ice and other stuff that can cool me down.. the problem is my base is at the upper most middle of the map.. and me.. im located at a tree a very lone tree in the middle of a beefalo field(with no beefalo) at the lowest point of the map. had 2 taffy, 5 berries and 1/4 of my life. cant run to safety cause the field is big and i will burn before i could get to some shade.. i survive by making a fire pit near the tree and just standing there under the mercy of the tree begging him not to burn with the intense hit.. even at pitch black night i was overheating for leaving the shade for 5s... like all my 200+ ice is sitting useless at my really cool base.. desperate times calls for professional moves ahaha..

My first ever summer. I knew I had to make an ice-flingomatic, but otherwise I was clueless. I had nothing but a straw hat and an umbrella and I didn't have the supplies to make an endothermic fire pit. I very nearly roasted alive several times before I thought sticking my thermal stone in the ice box might be a good idea.

It was a thrill, though, racing against my rapidly depleting health with what little healing items I had.

I eventually died - not to the heat, but because I forgot to turn off my flingomatic before lighting a fire. After that incident, I always keep a torch in my inventory.

I heard the hounds were coming so I hid under my bush hat.  Unfortunately, the hounds just kept circling me.  They didn't attack me, but circled me as they smelled blood.  Of course all this happened at dusk. 

So it starts getting darker and darker and I realized I hadn't eaten recently.  But I can't stop to eat now, the hounds are still circling me.  So in a last ditch effort to survive before I starve to death and maybe even go insane in the dark without light, I take off the bush hat, attack a couple hounds and run over a few traps.  Somehow I managed to just barely survive, scarf down some food, and get some fire going before dying.  Thankfully I was close to my camp to resupply when they had attacked. 

I was doing adventure mode and this was while on the winter map, and I needed to get passed a TON of hounds and after taking some time to figure out how to get through, my screen starts shaking. Great! A a deerclops is now trying to attack me. Somehow, I ended up getting the deerclops and the hounds to fight eachother and I escaped through the pathway. But I didn't know what was worse the hounds or the deerclops. Because I realized to my horror that I had to go back through that same area once more. lol. Yeep!

I had a Goose spawn while coming back from a cave excursion. Ran past him with no problem, filled up my stats at base and did some maintenance, I heard the Crack of Thunder that happens when the egg spawns so I grab a few pigs and take care of the Goose. While the fight is over, dusk comes and pigs abandon me so I head back to base.

A few days later I had to go take care of those pigs, so I armor up and head over there. As I'm taking out the last pig, the mosslings hatch and look at me funny. So, I'm thinking I'll lure them to my not so close by tooth traps. I hit one and they all come spinning at me. I decide to try to tank one but the others are hitting me, so I abandon that idea and just run towards the traps. I still keep getting hit along the way, my armor breaks and still getting hit... I make it to the traps, mosslings die as hounds come and as I stand in the middle of my traps waiting for the hounds, I notice I have 1 health and no food or healing items. I grab a couple drumsticks, cook and eat them as hounds are hitting the traps. Head back to my base that day with 3 health and a respect of those dang mosslings.

Archived