DST sharing the burden

I like the idea of being able to help friendly players accomplish things and survive in this uncompromising world. Although, this will not necessarily make things easier. Starvation will be a big problem for larger groups of people. Also, at any point someone could make a mistake that has negative effects on the other players..."ops"

I love these challenges that seem to be unfolding for the beta streams I've watched and I think DST is looking great (bugs are still prevalent of course). But seeing these new challenges makes me think this game will be just as fun, maybe more than the original.

:ghost: happy haunting beta testers!

It read more like he thought he was on the Steam review page rather than here. It doesn't look like it's anything to discuss, just a lot of what he thinks with no actual new information or talking point.

Well I don't have access to DST beta so I can't really offer any new information, wish I could.

P.S. this is in the General Discussion section of the Don't Starve forums, so this is what I'm doing  :snarlingspider:

Alright then, for discussion.

I disagree with :

"Starvation will be a big problem for larger groups of people."

In DS I produce far more food than I require - I could easily support 4 people with my farms without putting much more effort into it.

I disagree with :

In DS I produce far more food than I require - I could easily support 4 people with my farms without putting much more effort into it.

Oh I totally agree that late game farming and beehives will sustain 4 people, or more.

It's the early game that will be the challenge. There are only so many berries and carrots to go around, plus the meat if you hunt or capture for it. But if you play with friends that like to adventure around side by side, gathering will be a problem (including food for 4).

With that being said, challenges are good and can be overcome by a group of friends.

Yeah, food goes by awfully fast when you have four mouths to feed. Thankfully Koalafants spawn more often.

mmmmmm Koalafant truck stew...

I agree with your thinking of DST but that is why its gonna be so much fun! Its the pressure the game puts on you and the ever looming terror that keeps you on the edge of your seat!

I'm scared, someone hold me!

:spidercowers:

GJ said it fine in the right spot.

And thanks all for being constructive on your comments! it's a welcome relief.

I'm trying to stay positive, even without a beta key. I'm just playing Don't Starve and pondering the thought of crafting someone a backpack as Wickerbottom...lol

:juggling:

I disagree with :

Oh I totally agree that late game farming and beehives will sustain 4 people, or more.

It's the early game that will be the challenge. There are only so many berries and carrots to go around, plus the meat if you hunt or capture for it. But if you play with friends that like to adventure around side by side, gathering will be a problem (including food for 4).

With that being said, challenges are good and can be overcome by a group of friends.

I can confirm starvation is a problem with early game and 4 players. Don't use your "but there's plenty of food in single player" logic as you need four TIMES as much. The increased 'phants just about covers it. 

I'm scared, someone hold me!

:spidercowers:

I don't hug spiders. 

So huat you do is split up, all do your own thing, get resources; basically single player for a day or two and then meet up at one point, start building a base and crap. I'm pretty good when it comes to single player; I had over 10 spare meaty stews that went stale because none ate them at day 7! I'm serious, I really am TOO pro for this game on default B)

Archived