[Client Crash] - Crash on rejoining world. Attempt to index local inventory (a nil value)

Warpspeed10

Bug Submission:

Category: Client Crash
Issue Title: Crash on rejoining world. Attempt to index local inventory (a nil value)
Issue Description: I joined a server and walked around for a bit. Upon leaving and reentering I immediately crash upon entering the world. Reloading the server or the client does not fix this.

Curiously, the item pickup sound plays a million times a second as soon as I reach the crash screen.
Steps to Reproduce: This is a bit of an ambiguous bug, but here are some potentially relevant details.

-The server had been running for quite some time
-I had only common pickables and meatballs in my inventory when I last left.
-I had just eaten meatballs immediately before quitting
-I had a backpack equipped

Edit:

Backpacks it is!

1. Join a hosted server

2. Equip a backpack

3. Log out

4. Log back in

Ok upon further testing the backpack is absolutly the source of the problem. Trying to rejoin a world with a backpack equipped causes a client crash.

Note, that the other players CAN see you while you are on the crash screen untill you close the client. This only occures if you are not the host.

Ok upon further testing the backpack is absolutly the source of the problem. Trying to rejoin a world with a backpack equipped causes a client crash.

Note, that the other players CAN see you while you are on the crash screen untill you close the client. This only occures if you are not the host.

Have you tried rejoining a world as client with nothing on you? Just pick Wilson, get out and get back in? I don't think the backpack is the culprit.

Archived