DLC Characters and character select.

As far as I know the RoG DLC will be added someday to Together but I'd like to use characters from this DLC before fully implementing the DLC to the game. I'd like to  be "us" as Webber and plant a spider kingdom in my base. :D

And about character select I know that old dying mechanics included character select after dying completly (run out of the life force). Now I'm not sure how it works but I've got a nice idea to use character select. It would be by completing adventure mode. Most of you might know why that way as completing adventure mode in singleplayer swaps the characters (you will use character from the nightmare throne while the one you used gets on the throne). Of course if it would be the first time you finished adventure mode you will be able to choose Maxwell as well.

What do you think? I guess adding DLC characters would be awesome and character select does not depend on constant dying.

Yeah, I'd definitely support adding the RoG characters before RoG. Webber really doesn't need RoG to make sense, and Wigfrid is just a little harder because there are fewer ways to get meat, but she'll still be fine.

The whole death/resurrection system is pretty nebulous right now, but switching characters if you don't get revived seems reasonable.

No characters from RoG will be added before RoG is released. As mentioned in the Streaming videos, it's intricately linked to the RoG game and cannot be added without it. 

While I appreciate you relaying information for the devs, this isn't really true. I decided today to try looking at the character and vanilla/RoG code and it only took me a few hours to get Wigfrid working in vanilla. I imagine for someone familiar with the code it would've taken less than an hour.

Proof:

ywaheLa.jpg

Lliaq8W.jpg

Granted, you can see that her speech isn't working properly, but I think you can agree that it's not "intricately linked to the RoG game".

It's likely they don't want to give themselves more work than they have to just to get them working in normal mode when ROG is going to be made compatible eventually anyway. What if a really game breaking bug occurs? That means they have to take time better spent on DST to fix it.

It's likely they don't want to give themselves more work than they have to just to get them working in normal mode when ROG is going to be made compatible eventually anyway. What if a really game breaking bug occurs? That means they have to take time better spent on DST to fix it.

Well, mainly what I was saying before is that it would be nice to see how those characters play in Together before they go to all the effort of adding RoG. I wasn't saying they should add them right away, obviously it's work, but adding them before RoG is way less work than adding RoG and leads up just fine to adding RoG. So obviously this would occur leading up to RoG, when the higher-priority issues are already smoothed out.

While I appreciate you relaying information for the devs, this isn't really true. I decided today to try looking at the character and vanilla/RoG code and it only took me a few hours to get Wigfrid working in vanilla. I imagine for someone familiar with the code it would've taken less than an hour.

Klei, hire this guy!

I've been wondering how much character-specific code there is in RoG. Is webber any more complicated?

Klei, hire this guy!

I've been wondering how much character-specific code there is in RoG. Is webber any more complicated?

Haha, thanks xD

The main RoG-specific code I encountered were really simple things like one function's name changed (setAbsorbAmount -> set AbsorptionAmount or something like that), and certain components being added to items that didn't exist outside of RoG (e.g. moisture resistance on Wigfrid's helm).

I think Webber is a more complicated character in general, but there's nothing about him that's specific to RoG, so it would likely just be more of the same small things that I found with Wigfrid.

Archived