[General] - Bug Report cannot attach files to the created forum post

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Bug Report cannot attach screen shot

Issue Description: This is the second time happening, so I'm sure this is not a bug.

I've also noticed a few people after submitting their ticket, but they ended up posting another post with their screen shot

Evidence 1:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/40825-gameplay-x-ray-vision/

Evidence 2:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/40826-general-notification-on-updates-not-working/

Evidence 3:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/40824-graphics-overlapping-titlesicons-on-map-locations/

Evidence 4:

I will be posting a screen shot of me attaching a screen shot for this thread, but it won't show.

and more.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Go to the bug tracker

2. Attach one or more screen shots

3. post the bug

4. ???

5. Profit

Hmm, that might be because the form is a form, not an actual post.

So when you click "add to post", the action has no actual "box" to put it into.

That's a bug with forms and the forums in general, so I'll summon @JoeW, I think he's the guy for that sorta stuff.

Actually, I was hitting "Delete", not "Add to Post"

Pressing "Add to Post" only result in blank (it did try to add something to the box, but I assume due to the fact that the image information was not loaded, so it failed to add anything)

Actually, I was hitting "Delete", not "Add to Post"

Pressing "Add to Post" only result in blank (it did try to add something to the box, but I assume due to the fact that the image information was not loaded, so it failed to add anything)

Oh yeah I'm aware of that, I tried it all out myself. Now Klei has an image that only says "Test" on their servers :D

When I try to attach a file here it works properly, deleting works aswell. I'm entirely unsure why deleting doesn't work, but I'm sure it will be looked into.

Attaching the file actually ignored where my focus (as in window focus) was previously at, so I'm quite sure it simply looks for the "post box" to add the line to. In a form, there is no such thing, so that's that problem.

From what I see, it submits it as a Form, and then generates a Forum post, but does not submit the files and screenshots on the Form to said Forum post. Before, this didn't used to hold items because it just made a submission (pre-Incognita games) as a post only on the Klei forum.

Not sure if the BBS can accommodate a form submitted media to post-embedded conversion on the OP, so likely why you have to "reattach"  all the stuff to a post of yours in the created thread.

Of course, since I don't do admin work, I might be wrong on this, so only @JoeW or @JanH or any Klei admin who works on the board management could definitively conclude this discussion one way or the other. 

Archived