Dont starve Beta on Console?

As JoeW said: 

For now, the Don’t Starve Together will only be available through Steam on PC. It is unclear at this point when or if this will change during beta. We are doing this to focus our efforts on development rather than maintaining separate builds. We will announce support for new platforms as they become available. 

I believe you won't be able to test it on PS4 sadly, as development progresses, maybe multiplayer will be on the PS4, but it's unclear right now.

Before continuing, if any users have not done so, I highly recommend they read the FAQ 

What platforms are supported?
For now, the Don’t Starve Together will only be available through Steam on PC. It is unclear at this point when or if this will change during beta. We are doing this to focus our efforts on development rather than maintaining separate builds. We will announce support for new platforms as they become available.

As noted, DST will only be playable for closed beta by PC Steam users. I apologize for this, but eventually DST *will* be ported to other platforms. (And remember, Sony has their own additional PSN qualifications to meet, so even if this game addition was ready to release tomorrow, it would take longer for a PS4 release anyway. However, there's nothing saying they can't do PS4 Beta testing too! ) 

Also, this is a Don't Starve Together question, so please post those questions in the Don't Starve Together General Discussion section in the future! 
(I've already moved the post there for you.)

As thanks for sticking with my reply, here's the signup link for anybody else interested! 

Reading about all the news on the awesome upcoming release i was wondering a couple of things...

After the release.. considering that DST is not an fps game (meaning that some delay between users is not a huge problem) will it has crossplatform multiplayer? i'm guessing at some point mixing PSN or Xbox Live with Steam gotta be a bit of struggle. That gotta be something pretty awesome to have anyways. :victorious:

- Another question was about the characters: Are we going to be able to play with the main characters only or DST will include DLC RoG characters or way better "new characters?"  :wilson_confused: 

I hope you guys are as excited as me from this upcoming release  :wilson_love: So keep it up and having fun with friends cuz thats what is this all about.

P.S: I hope i can get into the closed beta!!

NitroCell  :wilsontea:

Reading about all the news on the awesome upcoming release i was wondering a couple of things...

After the release.. considering that DST is not an fps game (meaning that some delay between users is not a huge problem) will it has crossplatform multiplayer? i'm guessing at some point mixing PSN or Xbox Live with Steam gotta be a bit of struggle. That gotta be something pretty awesome to have anyways. :victorious:

- Another question was about the characters: Are we going to be able to play with the main characters only or DST will include DLC RoG characters or way better "new characters?"  :wilson_confused: 

I hope you guys are as excited as me from this upcoming release  :wilson_love: So keep it up and having fun with friends cuz thats what is this all about.

P.S: I hope i can get into the closed beta!!

NitroCell  :wilsontea:

See here

And see here

No new characters will be introduced for the sake of "haves vs have nots" so not using DST does not penalize or vice versa. 

Not to nit pick in general for everybody (not this poster specifically, and it's going to be nit picky sounding, sorry,) 

but (except the new character question) these answers are in the FAQ you all should read on this page. 

Well in last "Rhymes with play" devs talk about lot of stuff that is not in FAQ. For example that they want to do ROG too but they need to figure it out how later.

Also they want to bring new characters to multiplayer

AND that one guy can make cup from potato :D

Archived