DST could bring an awesome addition to sleeping

By now we know how the sleeping mechanic will work on DST: a player goes to sleep, screen fades to black, and you can sleep for how much as you want and wake up as soon as you prefer.

(Now I'll write the typical words for a suggestion)

What if sleeping will come with a "dreaming" mechanic?

I'm not sure on how it would work, but here is how I think it could work:

1-you go to sleep

2-screen fades

3-??? (dream world? Nightmares if player is insane?)

4-you can wake up at any moment.

And maybe while dreaming you can find the materials for making the TellTale Heart :p

It's a very vague idea, though.

Sleeping currently is as simple as you lay down, charlie is disabled, hunger drops faster, and health (& sanity?) slowly go up. You can wake up whenever. I do however really like the sound of a dream dimension, it is however unlikely it will be added. Especially because it would some how have to be in single player as well.

It's horrible, terrible, SCARY!

I don't understand this dream I keep having

I go to sleep in Don't Starve...and I'm some man, or a woman in a coat and hat and have a partner...and I'm in a Building, and it's...some time in the future, and there are these idiot people guarding...are those doors?!

This British woman Gladstone keeps telling me orders (what is it with British people bossing me around anyway?!) And these metal human-shaped things things, and I...stun them somehow, but not normally, and the human guards now have me covered on all sides and shoot at me and my partner...

...and I wake up!

Archived