Less-than-nice encounters with monsters

So, for sake of being in General Discussion, I propose that we have a thread dedicated to your worst encounters with mobs.

Did Deerclops run you into a swarm of tallbirds? Did you accidentally touch a pig when all of his friends were nearby? Did you find eleven MacTusks wandering around for no apparent reason?

This is an older screenshot of mine, and still to date the biggest mob swarm I've had the pleasure of dealing with.

qyp8Atx.png

Something similar happened to me in the caves. I don't have a screenshot, but there were two spider queens, four depths worms, a swarm of spiders and spider warriors, and 5 rock lobsters. However, they didn't give a dime about me, so I got out of there immediately.

This screenshot pretty much looks like the end of times. I wonder, did you survive?

Also, in my luckiest world spawn ever, I got chased out of my house by a group of hounds. Then it got night, and I realized I didn't bring any torches. You can guess what happened afterwards. Poor little newbie me. After that I have never walked around without a torch again.

Funny, I took a picture not so long ago and wanted to share it in a similar thread!

Here goes : CHAOS.jpg

Not featured : 2 spider queens on the other end of that.
Bees, spiders, mooslings, and a frog rain (the 2nd in three days, mind you) was a bit more than I could handle.

Funny, I took a picture not so long ago and wanted to share it in a similar thread!

Here goes : CHAOS.jpg

Not featured : 2 spider queens on the other end of that.

Bees, spiders, mooslings, and a frog rain (the 2nd in three days, mind you) was a bit more than I could handle.

Ye gods, at least i was Wigfrid when that happened to me (and had a Goose/Moose but unhatched egg, but the same as you.) I didn't even die from that but something stupid like me forgetting to switch to my armor.......

I don't have a screenshot, but I was talking to @the truthseeker while it was happening, basically, what happened was

I went out to go and find some silk, but I accidentally forgot to bring my heatstone (in the middle of winter ;-;) so I hurried up and got abby to take out as many as we could before our temperature got low. However, as soon as i was about to leave at around ~11 C it started raining. HARD I was full of rain within 1 minute, and my sanity had dipped well below 50 by the time I got halfway to my base. So, I was on the other side of the map from my base, freezing to death, chased by terrorbeaks, in the middle of the night, completely insane, and then guess what happens? Flipping Hounds Thankfully Abby helped distract the hounds while i made a fire so i could see, I can't quite remember the rest, but let's sum that up, It was the middle of the night, I was miles from my base, completely insane, freezing to death by the second, chased by hounds, and STILL being rained on. But somehow I managed to make it out. How? By the grace of, heck, I don't know, Maxwell?

Oh man i remember this one, Almost at end of Winter... Chopping wood, normal stuff, Then a treeguard apears, Trying to Leave... Then Hounds 4 hounds attacking me, killed the hounds, the treeguard, HP very low, Then Deerclops Appears..... GG

I once saw some pengulls nearly killing a reasonably sized beefalo heard.  

There is also the time when I led a pair of treegaurds to a spider queen infested pig village and the only way I could end it was with letting the fire hounds burn everything.  I have expressed the second story before, but it still stands as my worst/best encounter. 

I have a new one:

I was playing the RoG dlc, as Wigfrid. Night just started to fall when a Deerclops showed up. I didn't want it to destroy my camp, so I immediately attacked it. Dumb, because now I had an angry giant chasing me while my fire pit slowly died. I switched out my torch, and ran. With the Deerclops right behind me, I picked up some spiders. Kept on running. Then my torch ran out. I panicked, tried to build a new one. A spider hit me, so I had to craft it again. Charlie hit me. A spider hit me. Charlie hit me once again. By this time, I was sure I was boned, when, finally, I succeeded in crafting a torch. I started running again. At least I was still alive.

Wait, what about the deerclops?!

I ran back to my base, yup, everything flattened. So I made him pay. With low health, 0 sanity and an empty stomach I had to fight shadow creatures. I was sure that was the end for me. But it wasn't. I'm still happily walking around, defeated a Goose, I'm full on health, sanity and frog legs, have a decent base and it's now summer.

It is surprising how amazing that battle helmet is. I swear that was my saviour.

Archived