So What Next?

Main Question:

What Did You Do After You're Settled?

So... I'm at day 100ish.  :wilson_vforvictory:

I have steady source of food (6 farm, 6 berry bushes, 3 bee box, bird cage, half dozen of trap scattered for bunny, 6 drying rack, near lake for fishing, make a little birch forest)

Lots and lots of grass, twig, and log (I plant like 60-70 each for grass and twigs, log from the birch forest)

In case hounds attacking i have little panic room for safety, and my base is close to the beefalo herd.

I have appropriate dress for both summer and winter, my chester is already upgraded to snow chester, so i have no problem to explore on both seasons.

I've found the ruins and already repaired the stasion (although I rarely use it because the ingred are hard to find and non renewable)

My question is, what do you suggest I do?

While we're on it, what did you usually do if you've been settled and don't have to worry about basic supply?

Some screenshot:

My Lovely Base

post-396397-0-65172900-1410167212_thumb.

Food Sources

post-396397-0-23295200-1410167671_thumb.

Basic Supply

post-396397-0-40550500-1410167222_thumb.

Small Panic Room

post-396397-0-19628700-1410167232_thumb.

The Answer Until Now is:

• Go for The Krampus Sack
  • Built a Castle or Fortress on your base (Basically make your base pretty!)
  • Explore The Cave
  • Go to the next world with Teleportato
  • Clean the world from spider leaving only some for spider farm
  • Build every recipe
  • Adventure Mode!
  • Make Eyebrella
  • Reserved for next Suggestion

Oh yeah i can do that.

Did you already try it?

How many krampus did you have to kill to get it?

So i must catch many rabbit to increase my naughtiness?

Kill rabbits, kill birds using boomerangs.

I was lucky, I don't think I had to kill more then 30 krampi.

Suggestion: when the krampus's roar gets louder, go in a field of toothtraps, place a chest/some items near you and kill birds.

He will come and die while trying to steal your stuff.

Wow the father of Warfarin himself. lol

I love your character very much.

His sticky finger that can pick some item instantly is really helpful.  :wickerbottomthanks:

Build a castle, or fortress. Warfarin deserves one for being so adorable!

What do you mean by castle or fortress?

Did you mean cover my base with walls?

Wow the father of Warfarin himself. lol

I love your character very much.

His sticky finger that can pick some item instantly is really helpful.  

What do you mean by castle or fortress?

Did you mean cover my base with walls?

They're my favourite mod character to this day!

Thy are a master thief, after all!

And yep, for decoration. Could have like pigmen and bunnymen as villagers. Put all cobblestone down, just make it look cool! That's what I always do. I usually have a small village by day 40.

Yep, making your base look nice is always a good idea :) otherwise you can either trying to beat adventure mode or go into the teleportato and start a new world :D

Remember that editing your world settings may give you different interesting challenges that will make your game harder to "finish" after only 100 days :)

Thanks for reading :)

You can try clearing the entire world of spiders, leaving only a few nests for your silk needs. I've always eliminated surface nests but have yet to try dealing with the underground ones. I consider it my little 'crusade', leading brave pig allies into battle against nasty arachnids, though whatever happens I usually profit from it. :joyous:

They're my favourite mod character to this day!

Thy are a master thief, after all!

And yep, for decoration. Could have like pigmen and bunnymen as villagers. Put all cobblestone down, just make it look cool! That's what I always do. I usually have a small village by day 40.

Agreed. They're some kickass character.

Please tell me if you make expansion-pack-like mod for Warfarin like more armor & weapon or something.

:wilson_wink:

Day 40? Wow that's fast!

Okay, will put that in the checklist.

Maybe you can share some of your base/village for inspiration? 

:happypigs: 

If you are REALLY REALLY BORED IN YOUR LAND , GO TO CAVES

Yep. I already did that. But only one though. I have like three of those.

And I'm using "Huge" as world setting so my cave is HUUGE. lol

But I think the overworld not affected by the setting cause it just same as default for me. = /

Yep, making your base look nice is always a good idea :-) otherwise you can either trying to beat adventure mode or go into the teleportato and start a new world :grin:

Remember that editing your world settings may give you different interesting challenges that will make your game harder to "finish" after only 100 days :-)

Thanks for reading :-)

Firstly, thanks for answering.  :joyous: 

Oh actually I have a question about that. If we use teleportatio we can change character right?

What about world settings? can we change that?

I think I'll using the teleportatio if I've collected full stack of non renewable things like ruins ore, gears, and something like that.  :wilson_goodjob: 

You can try clearing the entire world of spiders, leaving only a few nests for your silk needs. I've always eliminated surface nests but have yet to try dealing with the underground ones. I consider it my little 'crusade', leading brave pig allies into battle against nasty arachnids, though whatever happens I usually profit from it. :joyous:

Ah, it is a good idea.

But for some reason I kinda feel it was a waste to destroy spider nest if it's not tier 3.

Oh yeah i have some question about that too.

Did the spider queen increase the total spider nest in world?

Cause I heard the spider queen will make one tier 1 spider nest and she herself will become one tier 1 spider nest. If that's true doesn't it make spider nest increase in world?

:wilson_confused:

Not necessarily. If your not around the spider den the queen won't spawn. If you take out all of the spider dens, they won't be able to repopulate unless you have eggs. Then you can plant them wherever you want.

If you go thru the teleportato, you can switch characters but the works settings will be the same as when you first started.

If your still looking for a challenge, try building everything. You'll need to get back in those caves for the ancient stuff but that gear is some of the best by far. If your playing RoG, this becomes a little longer to accomplish cause theres more stuff to build!

The Krampus sack is a very hard goal to achieve! I'm on a RoG game save nearing day 700, so I can/do kill Glommer every full moon to spawn 2 or 3 Krampus' and still haven't gotten one. I don't even want to try to figure out how many I've killed... Stupid 1% chance! Oh well... I'll get it someday!

Yeah, most of the stuff has already been answered. Apologies if I repeat anything, just putting it all in one place. 

First off, congratulations on making it past day 100! This is a milestone indeed! 

:yaypigs:

YOU IS GOOD! 

Before we continue, BUILD A MEAT EFFIGY, BUILD A MEAT EFFIGY, BUILD A MEAT EFFIGY! Build  multiple ones if you wish (as long as you note each one takes away total health until activated.) 

That means building a Presdihatitator and (while you're at it,) a Shadow Manipulator (and after you do this, it's OK to hammer the Presdihatitator.)  

[When the time comes later, and you decide to actively explore the ruins more, surviving a Nightmare cycle (the easiest way using a Bush hat or Snurtle Shell helmet) drops a ton of Nightmare fuel, making crafting easy from now on.] 

Actually, while you ask to share their villages, I recommend you post your base in this thread. It's awesome indeed! (Oh, and you'll get ideas how to expand as well.)

I'll address things already brought up: 

Krampus

Going after Krampus means you're trying for a 1% chance he'll drop his Krampus Sack. Getting Krampus to appear means upping your naughtiness so he will spawn to "punish" you. 

Attacking him is the same for any "you need to hit him with a ranged weapon first or somehow corner him" or "put him to sleep and wail on him" tactic with the reminder he'll spawn at any chest/item dropped on the ground first, so be ready and nearby this place when you do trigger him! 

The quickest way is to simply kill Glommer (*sniff*) and he will instantly spawn. Every time you kill this innocent creature (*cries*,) it's so horribly naughty, he will instantly appear.

But I cannot say since the Six feet Under update what his specific "cooldown" (if any) period is should you wish to resummon him after his naughtiness resets to zero. Assume it takes several days at best to gather/kill enough innocent creatures to get that naughtiness up again anyway. 

Adventure Mode

Adventure Mode was suggested. I second that. While I hold off on people to wait until about two seasons or twice as long as you, you have a strong grasp (apparently) of basic game fundamentals, and are ready for the "next level" of challenges. If you die, you lose a little time and come back with all your stuff you had in this Sandbox world. Your goal is to survive Five worlds and "talk" to Maxwell at the end. Should you be thorough in the first Three worlds, there's a chance you could even rescue the "hardcore" character Wes! (if he's not there, you have to try AM again until you find and rescue him.) 

Spider Queens and Spider Nests

As noted, the Tier 3 nests (that have been around for about 9 days) won't trigger to a Spider Queen unless you go up to them. At that point, assuming you keep your distance, she will drop another tier 1 nest if there are less than 4 in that area which pretty much will become a T2 nest right then (60 seconds.) If left alone and far enough away for her to track you, she will herself plant and become a T1 nest in 1.5 days. Spring increases the enemy spawn rate, having an additional spider come out for T1 and recovering its spiders faster (if playing RoG.) 

The best thing to do if not hunting queens is to destroy the T3 nests and collect the silk/egg sack and replant them at your convenience wherever you want to attack them for stuff. This is known as spider farming. if you have enough nests, you can certainly hold onto the egg sacks in case something happens to your other nests, or plant them elsewhere for Pig on Spider/MacTusk vs spiders action. Just remember, unless you spawn a Spider Queen, the nests are finite and don't come back unless destroyed as a T3 nest. 

Teleportato

When you feel you can't explore your huge world anymore without it being annoying (or your limited resources are just expended or not renewing from tumbleweeds like you wish, especially fireflies and Mandrakes,) you can assemble and use the Teleportato. before leaving, make SURE you have a Walking cane and Tam o' Shanter from MacTusk. These items are worth their weight in Gold (and of course, make a Sewing kit to keep the hat around using 20% of it to restore 5 days's durability.) You take whatever you are carrying (so use that discovered Krampus Sack or make a piggyback for more space,)  PLUS any built but not placed structures. So pre-building a LOT of stuff before you leave is highly encouraged! (Sometimes in a new world when I really don't like its layout, I "go nomadic" and find the Things to leave for a better world with the stuff i have made so far and find a better layout/get a leg up with additional  resources. I'm not saying you have to do this, but now you're more advanced, it's an option you can do in future games.) 

Whren you leave, you can choose to switch to a new character or continue with your existing character. Your character will arrive with what you left with (no matter if it's the same or a different character.)

Caves and Ruins

When you're really comfortable with your abilities, it's time to consider relocating to the caves and ruins, and exploring the heck out of it. Depths Worms are like hounds but tooth traps don't work (bee mines may.) Running until there's only one pursuing you and attacking (and repeating) is a viable option, but so is Gunpowder, the Old bell or anything where you can get a group of them killed in one spot (I'll leave fighting styles to your  own methods, as playstyle decides what methods are "best.") While caves have areas with day/night cycles, ruins are always and permanently dark, save the Light bulb and fissure as you have seen; make sure you are prepared for this and have items (like mining hats, lanterns, star calling staves, etc) to handle this for many days. (You don't want to end up like this now do you? :razz:

Of course, you can hunt the Ancient Guardian and get his horn to make a Houndius Shootius (x3 one for each cave, and can be pre-built and saved like any structure...and the Bearger will try to eat it, you have been warned!) 

I'll let you figure the caving style best for you on your own, since you've entered there before. 

if you haven't done it yet, make an Eyebrella for your Spring and Summer months. Use Sewing Kits to renew it. 

Finally, here's another fellow 100+ day gamer, if you wanted ideas what else to do. 

Again, keep up the good work, and Don't Starve! :-)

Not necessarily. If your not around the spider den the queen won't spawn. If you take out all of the spider dens, they won't be able to repopulate unless you have eggs. Then you can plant them wherever you want.

If you go thru the teleportato, you can switch characters but the works settings will be the same as when you first started.

If your still looking for a challenge, try building everything. You'll need to get back in those caves for the ancient stuff but that gear is some of the best by far. If your playing RoG, this becomes a little longer to accomplish cause theres more stuff to build!

The Krampus sack is a very hard goal to achieve! I'm on a RoG game save nearing day 700, so I can/do kill Glommer every full moon to spawn 2 or 3 Krampus' and still haven't gotten one. I don't even want to try to figure out how many I've killed... Stupid 1% chance! Oh well... I'll get it someday!

Oh so it will increase the spider dens in the world but only I'm there right? Thx for answering that.

It's a shame becauseI want to change my world setting while still get the item from previous world. Because HUGE world is tiring.  :wilson_ill:

Well that definitely going to the checklist. Build everything so i have all the recipe for the next world. That's a great idea.

Wow. You already at day 700 and still not get the krampus sack? Thats.... terrible

Make me pessimist about my mission lol 

But what do you do until day 700? I mean I'm only at day 100 and foolishly feels like nothing to do.  :wilson_facepalm:

Yeah, most of the stuff has already been answered. Apologies if I repeat anything, just putting it all in one place. 

First off, congratulations on making it past day 100! This is a milestone indeed! 

YOU IS GOOD! 

Before we continue, BUILD A MEAT EFFIGY, BUILD A MEAT EFFIGY, BUILD A MEAT EFFIGY! Build  multiple ones if you wish (as long as you note each one takes away total health until activated.) 

That means building a Presdihatitator and (while you're at it,) a Shadow Manipulator (and after you do this, it's OK to hammer the Presdihatitator.)  

[When the time comes later, and you decide to actively explore the ruins more, surviving a Nightmare cycle (the easiest way using a Bush hat or Snurtle Shell helmet) drops a ton of Nightmare fuel, making crafting easy from now on.] 

Actually, while you ask to share their villages, I recommend you post your base in this thread. It's awesome indeed! (Oh, and you'll get ideas how to expand as well.)

Thank you very much!

:happypigs:

Wow like always there's lots of word from your answer and very detail indeed truthseeker.  :wickerbottomthanks:

Well I want to make it but I'm using Warfarin mods and they only have 65 healt. So unfortunately I can't make effigy because that'll make my health 35. I don't think I'm that good to play some 35 health character. lol.

And thank you for the link!

I just considering make a topic like those. I'll see that immediately!  

Krampus

Going after Krampus means you're trying for a 1% chance he'll drop his Krampus Sack. Getting Krampus to appear means upping your naughtiness so he will spawn to "punish" you. 

Attacking him is the same for any "you need to hit him with a ranged weapon first or somehow corner him" or "put him to sleep and wail on him" tactic with the reminder he'll spawn at any chest/item dropped on the ground first, so be ready and nearby this place when you do trigger him! 

The quickest way is to simply kill Glommer (*sniff*) and he will instantly spawn. Every time you kill this innocent creature (*cries*,) it's so horribly naughty, he will instantly appear.

But I cannot say since the Six feet Under update what his specific "cooldown" (if any) period is should you wish to resummon him after his naughtiness resets to zero. Assume it takes several days at best to gather/kill enough innocent creatures to get that naughtiness up again anyway. 

Yeah. the easiest way is to kill glommer.

Unfortunately glommer only appear one every full moon.

I plan to do that. But seeing spencer320's post about day 700 and still haven't get krampus sack yet make me... 

Adventure Mode

Adventure Mode was suggested. I second that. While I hold off on people to wait until about two seasons or twice as long as you, you have a strong grasp (apparently) of basic game fundamentals, and are ready for the "next level" of challenges. If you die, you lose a little time and come back with all your stuff you had in this Sandbox world. Your goal is to survive Five worlds and "talk" to Maxwell at the end. Should you be thorough in the first Three worlds, there's a chance you could even rescue the "hardcore" character Wes! (if he's not there, you have to try AM again until you find and rescue him.) 

Wait so I go to the advanture mode without items and going out from it with the item I had on the adventure mode? That's useful.

And how much is "a little time"? a day or so? Can i just immediately hop in to adventure mode again?

Spider Queens and Spider Nests

As noted, the Tier 3 nests (that have been around for about 9 days) won't trigger to a Spider Queen unless you go up to them. At that point, assuming you keep your distance, she will drop another tier 1 nest if there are less than 4 in that area which pretty much will become a T2 nest right then (60 seconds.) If left alone and far enough away for her to track you, she will herself plant and become a T1 nest in 1.5 days. Spring increases the enemy spawn rate, having an additional spider come out for T1 and recovering its spiders faster (if playing RoG.) 

The best thing to do if not hunting queens is to destroy the T3 nests and collect the silk/egg sack and replant them at your convenience wherever you want to attack them for stuff. This is known as spider farming. if you have enough nests, you can certainly hold onto the egg sacks in case something happens to your other nests, or plant them elsewhere for Pig on Spider/MacTusk vs spiders action. Just remember, unless you spawn a Spider Queen, the nests are finite and don't come back unless destroyed as a T3 nest. 

Wow idk about the spring thing. Nice Info!  :wilson_goodjob:

Yeah maybe i'll make spider farm with pig near to it. It's shame that pigs and spider eat all the meat tho.

Teleportato

When you feel you can't explore your huge world anymore without it being annoying (or your limited resources are just expended or not renewing from tumbleweeds like you wish, especially fireflies and Mandrakes,) you can assemble and use the Teleportato. before leaving, make SURE you have a Walking cane and Tam o' Shanter from MacTusk. These items are worth their weight in Gold (and of course, make a Sewing kit to keep the hat around using 20% of it to restore 5 days's durability.) You take whatever you are carrying (so use that discovered Krampus Sack or make a piggyback for more space,)  PLUS any built but not placed structures. So pre-building a LOT of stuff before you leave is highly encouraged! (Sometimes in a new world when I really don't like its layout, I "go nomadic" and find the Things to leave for a better world with the stuff i have made so far and find a better layout/get a leg up with additional  resources. I'm not saying you have to do this, but now you're more advanced, it's an option you can do in future games.) 

Whren you leave, you can choose to switch to a new character or continue with your existing character. Your character will arrive with what you left with (no matter if it's the same or a different character.)

Another nice tips. Thanks!

So Have walking cane + the hat + sewing kits;

Pre-build all the placeable;

And go with big inventory right?

I plan to do it after i get enough ruins item. Because they're powerful but non-renewable.  :wilson_cry: 

Caves and Ruins

When you're really comfortable with your abilities, it's time to consider relocating to the caves and ruins, and exploring the heck out of it. Depths Worms are like hounds but tooth traps don't work (bee mines may.) Running until there's only one pursuing you and attacking (and repeating) is a viable option, but so is Gunpowder, the Old bell or anything where you can get a group of them killed in one spot (I'll leave fighting styles to your  own methods, as playstyle decides what methods are "best.") While caves have areas with day/night cycles, ruins are always and permanently dark, save the Light bulb and fissure as you have seen; make sure you are prepared for this and have items (like mining hats, lanterns, star calling staves, etc) to handle this for many days. (You don't want to end up like this now do you? ) 

Of course, you can hunt the Ancient Guardian and get his horn to make a Houndius Shootius (x3 one for each cave, and can be pre-built and saved like any structure...and the Bearger will try to eat it, you have been warned!) 

I'll let you figure the caving style best for you on your own, since you've entered there before. 

Hmm.. after reading this i realize i still not explore ruins completely.

I'll try to find the ancient guardian and make the shooter.

Bearger eat that?? He's on par for annoyance with fireflies. -_-

I have some gunpowder. But for some reason I hesitate using that because the nitre is hard to find for high quantity. If we use gunpowder to make an earthquake, is it worth?

Because i'm the type to pile lots of the item before using it. lol

if you haven't done it yet, make an Eyebrella for your Spring and Summer months. Use Sewing Kits to renew it. 

Finally, here's another fellow 100+ day gamer, if you wanted ideas what else to do. 

Again, keep up the good work, and Don't Starve! 

I already have it!  :victorious:

Ok, will check on that!

I guess this topic couldn't have been answered more efficiently! You now have a lot of informations and all you have to do is to choose what's the thing that best fulfill your immagination 

Well yeah. I really thank the all the replies for that! 

So how about you? Do you have any other ideas? What day are you in?

Btw thanks for the reply.  :wilson_wink:

Well yeah. I really thank the all the replies for that! 

So how about you? Do you have any other ideas? What day are you in?

Btw thanks for the reply.  :wilson_wink:

You are very welcome :D

Right now I'm on day 120-ish and my mission for this season is to get a Tam o' Shanter in order to go adventuring in the caves; I have a few bases scattered around the map because you never know what kind of situations you can find yourself into, and being far from your main camp is not never that good :)

I haven't started Reign of Giants yet, as soon as I'm done with this world I will surely start playing that DLC! :D

I got it!!

I GOT IT!!

I got the KRAMPUS SACK!

:happypigs:  :juggling:  :happypigs:

It's only like my 4 or 5th Krampus encounter and I got it!!!

A little proof:

post-396397-0-96450800-1410271687_thumb.

Just Want to share the happiness!  :wilson_ecstatic:

One task crossed on the checklist. Still trying to build all the recipe..

You are very welcome :grin:

Right now I'm on day 120-ish and my mission for this season is to get a Tam o' Shanter in order to go adventuring in the caves; I have a few bases scattered around the map because you never know what kind of situations you can find yourself into, and being far from your main camp is not never that good :-)

I haven't started Reign of Giants yet, as soon as I'm done with this world I will surely start playing that DLC! :grin:

I still not have Tam o'shanter myself. maybe next winter i'll make it my mission! :grin:

Me too wanna have many base scatered, but lots and lots my item already piling in my current base so maybe it'll be difficult to scatter it. lol

You must try RoG! it's so much fun and more challenging! :wilson_goodjob:  

Well I want to make it but I'm using Warfarin mods and they only have 65 healt. So unfortunately I can't make effigy because that'll make my health 35. I don't think I'm that good to play some 35 health character. lol.

Oh lawdy, meat effigies aren't good as Warfarin unless you got GOOOD weapons and armour. Or a bow.

Otherwise, have a red amulet at the ready to equip if your health gets low.

I got it!!

I GOT IT!!

I got the KRAMPUS SACK!

:happypigs::juggling::happypigs:

It's only like my 4 or 5th Krampus encounter and I got it!!!

A little proof:

Krampus Sack!.png

Just Want to share the happiness! :wilson_ecstatic:

One task crossed on the checklist. Still trying to build all the recipe..

I still not have Tam o'shanter myself. maybe next winter i'll make it my mission! :grin:

Me too wanna have many base scatered, but lots and lots my item already piling in my current base so maybe it'll be difficult to scatter it. lol

You must try RoG! it's so much fun and more challenging! :wilson_goodjob:

I actually have RoG, I still have not try it though :p

Anyway, you sir are a lucky one! YOU IS LUCKY! (I guess they could add this new line just for you):D

You already got the Krampus sack!?! Congratulations! Do me a favor and send me some of that luck. The fastest I ever got one was on day 440-450.

If your planning on building multiple bases, I would suggest pre-building as much as possible. What I do for my outposts is build both firepits, icebox, crock pot and a chest so when I get there I can just start placing.

I think the days go pretty fast and with season specific tasks to do I'm always busy. I look forward to autumn the most cause that's when I go spelunking. Winter, I'm hunting McTusk and son (three close to each other) and killing spiders I placed nearby to give me something to do while waiting for the Walrus to respawn. Also a great time to collect hounds teeth and the far away grass.

Spring, I get my 4 farms to renew all the seeds that have been spoiling over the winter. Also, I plant and chop down a ton of trees to refuel my fires and 6 flingomatics!

Summer, the first half I tend to thin out the herds of Beefalo (of course, Giants have been helping me too when given the chance) then after that I get myself ready to get some ruin fun time!

I can say if I ever get a Krampus sack I'd probably be willing to go cave exploring during non autumn months. The fact that I have to carry extra gear for rain, warmth or chilling myself hampers that now.

Yep, those pigs should say YOU IS LUCKY! 

Congratulations!!!

Thank You!

:yaypigs: 

You already got the Krampus sack!?! Congratulations! Do me a favor and send me some of that luck. The fastest I ever got one was on day 440-450.

If your planning on building multiple bases, I would suggest pre-building as much as possible. What I do for my outposts is build both firepits, icebox, crock pot and a chest so when I get there I can just start placing.

I think the days go pretty fast and with season specific tasks to do I'm always busy. I look forward to autumn the most cause that's when I go spelunking. Winter, I'm hunting McTusk and son (three close to each other) and killing spiders I placed nearby to give me something to do while waiting for the Walrus to respawn. Also a great time to collect hounds teeth and the far away grass.

Spring, I get my 4 farms to renew all the seeds that have been spoiling over the winter. Also, I plant and chop down a ton of trees to refuel my fires and 6 flingomatics!

Summer, the first half I tend to thin out the herds of Beefalo (of course, Giants have been helping me too when given the chance) then after that I get myself ready to get some ruin fun time!

I can say if I ever get a Krampus sack I'd probably be willing to go cave exploring during non autumn months. The fact that I have to carry extra gear for rain, warmth or chilling myself hampers that now.

Okay! I'll send a bit of my luck. How long you have to wait is depend on your distance with me. So if until day 1000 or so you haven't got it yet, maybe you must consider move to Indonesia.  :wilson_flower:

Yeah, I try to pre-build everything, and making new base is really easy. Need many resource tho. It's a nice tip!

Wow you're very lucky about that. In my world I only found one camp and it's really far away from my base. Maybe you have to send me your luck about that one.  :wilson_laugh:

Wow it's seems you have neat schedule there. I really can't imagine how big your base is if you need 6 flingomatics to keep it from fire. If you have pics or link to the picture of your base, please send me. Maybe I can learn something or two. 

Why not build a litle cave base? I make something like that and it's really helped. Cave spider give silk too so you only need to bring hound's tooth for sewing kit to repair your gear. And have 3 walrus' camp near each other make you have lot of tooth no? Only suggesting, but what did a noob like me know. lol

By the way, I decided to move to new world via teleportato now. Because I think one Walrus camp isn't enough for farming tooth. And tooth is really important! Another reason is after saw so many gorgeous base in other threat make me want to remake my base from the start. 

I'll post my base later on today when I get to my computer.

I always seem to find little starter bases in the caves. For the most part, they're not in a good spot. The best part about them is they usually have a bunch of light bulbs growing in the area. Other than that, I don't stop moving once I get in the caves, maybe just long enough to eat some jerky then back to running around like a crazy Wilson. Fixing gear in the caves wouldn't be the problem, it's the amount of stuff I would need to take. More gear = less space for stuff I can grab in the caves. I like to grab nitre and gold while I'm down there along with the theculite, fragments, gears, frazzled wires and the 3 colored gems, not to mention any red or purple gems I come across along the way! Inventory space is at a premium in the caves so more gear means less loot. But if I had a Krampus sack... I wouldn't mind taking more stuff with me!

Silk isn't a problem. I made a spider farm with Bunny men. I also have 5 spider dens placed near my winter hunting grounds so I have something to do when waiting for the walrus to respawn. I have 2 chests full of silk and probably 3 scattered chests with hounds teeth filling them up!

Glad to hear your looking for more walrus camps, they seem to be rare now for some reason. Good luck in getting some close by to each other. I play "Huge" world's, that seems to help in getting more than 1 or 2.

I'll try to post some pics in a few hours and hoping you'll do the same once you get your new base established.

I'll post my base later on today when I get to my computer.

I always seem to find little starter bases in the caves. For the most part, they're not in a good spot. The best part about them is they usually have a bunch of light bulbs growing in the area. Other than that, I don't stop moving once I get in the caves, maybe just long enough to eat some jerky then back to running around like a crazy Wilson. Fixing gear in the caves wouldn't be the problem, it's the amount of stuff I would need to take. More gear = less space for stuff I can grab in the caves. I like to grab nitre and gold while I'm down there along with the theculite, fragments, gears, frazzled wires and the 3 colored gems, not to mention any red or purple gems I come across along the way! Inventory space is at a premium in the caves so more gear means less loot. But if I had a Krampus sack... I wouldn't mind taking more stuff with me!

Silk isn't a problem. I made a spider farm with Bunny men. I also have 5 spider dens placed near my winter hunting grounds so I have something to do when waiting for the walrus to respawn. I have 2 chests full of silk and probably 3 scattered chests with hounds teeth filling them up!

Glad to hear your looking for more walrus camps, they seem to be rare now for some reason. Good luck in getting some close by to each other. I play "Huge" world's, that seems to help in getting more than 1 or 2.

I'll try to post some pics in a few hours and hoping you'll do the same once you get your new base established.

Can't wait to see your base!  :wilson_camera:

Just some thought. Why do you need to bring back the theculite & fragments, and 3 colored gem? As far as i know, those only can be crafted in ruins right? If you have post near the entrance of ruins, you can store the item you want to bring back to overworld (gold, nitre, or lightbulb) before going to ruins, and after getting loot from ruins, you could store them in the post (you can't use that in overworld anyway) and bring the gold-nitre thing! Well, that's what I did. xD

Wow that is a LOT! kinda jealous. spider silk I can get with ease using traps, but I only have half stack of tooth. And this is my new world, so many things to do before i could farming some tooth.

Yeah, my world is huge too. But I think the "huge" part only work on my new world. In the previous world I don't feel like the map is huge, but in the new one, the world is HUUGEEE. Kinda hard to decide where my base should be. And still not seeing any walrus camp. Hope not only one in this world.  :wilson_angelic:

I very much will! But I don't think it's anytime soon. because it's only my 4 day or so in the new world.  :wilson_dead:

Archived