Surviveing the night

So your playing with Wendy your caught up and cant find trees but you find a good spawn a spear, a football helmet , and a log suit. soon its night and you have no fire you run around so the grue doesn't get you quickly and maybe you will survive the night. and the grue made me insane, and brought m down to upper low heath , but I survived the night

da fu?

So your playing with Wendy your caught up and cant find trees but you find a good spawn a spear, a football helmet , and a log suit. soon its night and you have no fire you run around so the grue doesn't get you quickly and maybe you will survive the night. and the grue made me insane, and brought m down to upper low heath , but I survived the night

da fu?

If for some (player insane) reason you have no fire-based items or sleeping items at night, you CAN use armored items to try and tank it through, but you risk being so insane (in character) from pure darkness+Charlie attacks that you could also summon Nightmares who will also attack you. It's just worth it to have light or sleep items nearby/on you instead. 

If for some (player insane) reason you have no fire-based items or sleeping items at night, you CAN use armored items to try and tank it through, but you risk being so insane (in character) from pure darkness+Charlie attacks that you could also summon Nightmares who will also attack you. It's just worth it to have light or sleep items nearby/on you instead. 

Why shouldn't you have a amulet or at least a straw roll? I mean I dug up an amulet on PC,equipped it, then a tallbird killed me two minutes later.

Why shouldn't you have a amulet or at least a straw roll? I mean I dug up an amulet on PC,equipped it, then a tallbird killed me two minutes later.

Please read more carefully, especially the first part:

You should never do this, but IF you find yourself in that position, the info above is provided for reference. 

I keep one slot in my inventory specifically for only a torch. I never run around without and 100% durability torch. They're very cheap and I'd rather survive and have one inventory space less than die to some unlucky night.

not a terrible idea.  I do the same, unless I'm playing Willow of course.  Once it gets later in the game and I've started cave exploration I'll just keep my miner's hat with me instead.  less worry about needing multiples if you have to survive the whole night with it, as long as you made sure it was at or near 100% last time you left the caves.

Archived