101 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Characters

• Brian Deckard
    • Maria 'Internationale' Valdes
    • Raymond 'Shalem 11' Malik
    • Jolie 'Banks' Murphy, 29
    • Tony Xu
    • Nika Muratova

Shopcat was a normal cat once, roaming the abandoned canals of New York City. Lounging quietly by day and Hunting by night, she gave little thought to the comings and goings of the twolegs. Life was simple, and life was good. 

This is why I love Klei Entertainment.

Because of amazing, silly, great stuff like this.

Thank you for giving us the RICH BACKSTORY of Shopcat.

Freaking Shopcat, the most amazing character in the game.

Man, am I in the minority here?

My favorite character, has to be Nika. In this post-buffed volt distrupter world, I find myself being able to have enough PWR to use her ability to it's full extent, all the while still having enough PWR To hack a thing or two. IMO, Nika deserves more love.

Well, my new favorites are hands down Xu and Banks now. The new level layouts have made me want a key early on much more often then before now, plus the fact that you can start on a Security Dispatch without having to go slap happy with all the guards until you get a key. Xu is just great as you can bypass safes with his ability, even if they have Daemons. Just have to worry about the things you absolutely have to hack now if they have them. And the absolute best is his ability to knock out drones. Being able to knock out a Null Drone for 4 turns is just awesome.

1. Dr. Xu. Its ability is just incredibly versatile and useful. Picking safes, bypassing barriers, disabling drones (even null drones!), there are few situations when he's useless. Overall the ability makes you save lots of PWR, avoid deamons, and only grows more powerful with the time. And the initial shock trap is really great, especially considering Xu's ability is considered an attack and the shock trap allows you to take out a guard without being an "attack".

Banks. Unlocking doors without a card makes you save time, fighting and inventory space and is useful throughout the game. And the paralyzer is helpful. She deserves the praise she gets.

Deckard. One extra motion is nothing to frown upon, and the cloaking rig is a very, very good starting equipment (even though it got nerfed in the last update). Those perks are less useful as the game goes, though (you can always buy more Stealth and find/buy a cloaking rig even with other agents).

Shalem 11. I don't really understand why he is so despised, starting with a 2 shots armor-piercing ranged weapon is far from useless ; at the very least it is really helpful with drones. But like Deckard, it grows less useful with time since you can almost always buy ranged weapons.

Internationale. I like her much less than I used to; as I get better at playing the game the scanning ability seems less and less useful to me, and it costs 1 AP. The remote console hacking is nice and makes you save time and moves but compared to other options the character seems rather weak.

Nika. I like the idea, but I don't think the character is really balanced yet.

Shalem is my favourite. Not because he's the best, but because he's got a knack of making dangerous, unexpected situations a piece of cake. Armored guard in a bad place? No problem. Daemoned, dangerous drone? Same. Value speed over safety? You can do that. Just feel lazy and don't want to deal with a more complicated situation later on when a guard wakes up? Go for it!

On top of that, he's a nice support character who lets the other guy shine. He doesn't need speed: he has range. He doesn't need the first cool items you find, the armor-penetrating gun is a workable answer to a lot of problems.

Obviously you can do it with any character, but I love to spend all my extra ammo on the last couple of missions. If there happen to be turrets or drones as well, you can turn them into bloodbaths that really finalize one kind of narrative arc: They've been playing rougher and rougher; no more laying low, it's time to show how we've been nice to them and that no matter how hard they play, we can escalate harder. (Taking into account that the agents have access to actual executive suites and such, I imagine some fear of God will be struck into the hearts of the villains.)

Archived