sound bug - ingame

no, i dont mean there is a bug. i just reached the last mission (i think it's the last mission, i never reached before so i don't know), and there is something on the ground called "sound bug", and i can hack it for 1 firewall. i hacked it, and it does nothing, it seems. what is it?

They detect when you run (not sneak) when you are 5 tiles away. They raise the alarm 1 or 2 levels (not sure). To be precise on the 5 tiles, don't count the sound bug tile and then count to where you want to run, diagonals count as 2 tiles. If it has a Daemon I don't hack it, easy enough to sneak past it. I think they detect gunshots in range too but haven't tested that theory. 

They aren't a huge hindrance unless they are in an undiscovered room that your running beside. 

The only 'sound bug' I have a problem with is background sound effect of all the levels. Not the music, shut that off long time ago but the beep, boop, bop of what I assume is the computers running. I personally dislike that and have to lower my volume so its not overpowering. 

I'm quite sure reloading sets them off as well.

Often, I don't mind them. Yet, I remember being quite astonished when Shalem, reloading his rifle in another room four tiles away from it, set the sound bug off.

Sniper clips are quite bulky, no doubt Shalem drops the used clip each time.

Not very professional is it Mr Shalem...If that is your real name!

Sniper clips are quite bulky, no doubt Shalem drops the used clip each time.

Not very professional is it Mr Shalem...If that is your real name!

Sniper shots would also be loud as heck, even with silencer.

So let's not get into realism here :razz:

Also he uses magazines, not clips, right?

Archived