Revelations of the Madman

Percival

Francis had just begun the seventh verse of the song when he saw someone's shadow approaching from his right. Francis froze for a second. Then, assuming that the source of the sound was a lost hiker, Francis jumped out from behind a bush. Then, with his torch, which had just begun to extinguish, set the bush on fire, making a grand awe-inspiring entrance while simultaneously setting fire to his coat.

(Entrance: Check)

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

Alarmed by the sudden rustling, Shana turned to the source just in time to see it burst aflame, covering her form in bright light. Stepping backwards and covering the space where her eyes would be in vane she screamed in pain, which to the others sounded like a barely audible pained hiss. The shadow quickly started to fade, but more peculiar than that was her normal body began to materialize in exactly the position she would be to cast the shadow, looking much like a ghost. It wasn't more than three seconds before she was fully back and her shadow gone again with her scream of pain fully audible. She collapsed to the ground, unconscious.

(Unintentionally knock someone unconscious: check)

While he frantically extinguishing himself, Francis suddenly heard a loud scream come from behind him. Francis straightened himself up to see he had jumped a rather shady looking teenager, about one or two years older than him. She appeared to be unconscious. Francis was just about to loot her body when he noticed another, slightly less shady man in the distance running towards him. Francis yelled "She was like that when I found her," and then started slowly backing away into a bush.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

Dorian had run towards Shana as she screamed and her physical body re-took its form. He glared up at the stranger as he spoke, picking up a nearby piece of flint to defend himself. "Yeah, right." He snarled, glaring at Francis and his soul. However, when he examined it, he didn't find any malicious intent. His gaze softened slightly, but was still clearly on guard. "Who're you?"

(A description of his soul would be nice._

(I suppose it would be normal, except with some parts missing. Possibly orange?)

"Francis Marshall Oberfell. From Nunavut. I like setting things on fire. As evidenced by the fact I am standing beside this smouldering bush." Francis then gestured to the girl. "I think your friend might have died."

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

"Correction, I think you might have killed my friend. That was your fire that did that?" Dorian bent down, pressing a pair of fingers on her neck in search of a pulse to make sure she was alive. He'd already determined this... Francis wasn't much of a threat to him, not at the moment, but he was still pretty peeved that he'd just killed, or knocked out, seeing as she was still alive, Shana. It'd be a horrible bother to have to drag her in search of Silas now...

(I'll keep that in mind.)

"I set fire to the bush, if that's what you meant." Francis said, watching Dorian check the body for a pulse. Something about the pair was starting to creep him out. "Listen, I'd love to help you figure out why your friend suddenly collapsed when I set myself on fire and jumped out at her, except I really have to not be here. Do you know where we are?"

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

"I meant where in the world," Francis replied, dismissing Dorian's comment, "Just this afternoon I was in a post-apocalyptic village where I was slowly being destroyed by chemicals. Now I'm here. Which I guess means I could be in a coma. Tell me, are you sentient?"

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

"Oh... Oh, yeah. That." Dorian frowned. That was odd, he'd almost forgotten he was dragged onto this world against his will. Like he'd just been living here his whole life and yet he'd only been here a few weeks. He'd felt it was natural for someone to be here... The soul-seer jerked himself from his thoughts, closing his eyes to attempt to recall something said during the previous night. "We're... In a limbo. Between heaven and hell. I don't know if that mean's we're dead. I'm not even sure I know what that means. But it's what my friend told me, and he knows lots about this place. It isn't so bad here though. Must be better than a post apocalyptic village filled with chemicals."

Francis only needed a moment to digest the fact. Partially because of what the teenager had said described a coma word for word and partially because this place had food that didn't make you hallucinate when you ate it, real or not. Eventually he spoke. "So, coma?"

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

(All the time. Actually, he has to actively look for physical bodies. It's become quite natural for him to look at both when first meeting someone, though.)

"Well, I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm sentient. So I doubt you're dreaming. Unless I'm dreaming. Don't think that's the case though. How long have you been here?"

(Oh. Oops. Well, I may have accidentally left off a teeny tiny detail...)

Something more alarming than her unconsciousness awaited Dorian when he looked at Shana's soul. The scars had spread at an alarming rate as soon as she took her physical form, now etched across her soul like cracks. They had stop spreading for the moment, but they covered quite a bit of her soul. Even her eyes had tiny cracks starting to form around them.

(Maybe not so teeny tiny. I genuinely forgot to describe her soul in my last post, and just in case you are having trouble visualizing this I drew a badly proportioned picture.

pYAU7NS.png

I was rushing, ok?

)

(Hooo, boy. Things sure are going south.)

Dorian, who had been too occupied in questioning the stranger to notice Shana's condition (There's the excuse), stuttered as he looked down at her friend's soul. Panic flashed in her eyes, and he proceeded to pick her up in a fireman's hold. "Gotta go." Was all he said before running off in search of Silas, carrying Shana.

(Why would you ignore the completely level-headed pyromaniac?)

Silas stood in the forest, looking around dully. What is there to find? The object that he had to find was somewhere in this forest; nice way to keep things specific. Even if the object was something he has seen before or on his persons, it was still a large net he was casting. . .

. . .Silas felt his head turn slightly to his left. Odd, but he felt that something urgent was coming to his attention.

(Something's happening to Shana's soul that Dorian knows nothing about, so he's panicking. For all he knows, her soul's gonna break into a bajillion trillion kajillion pieces. So he sorta doesn't really care as much about some random guy he just met a few minutes ago.)

Dorian searched wildly for Silas's soul, praying that his radiance wouldn't attract a predator to gouge his eyes.