Question on New Build and Reputation

Really lovin' this game!

I see the new build is in a couple days. Can I continue my endless mode game after that or do I have to start over again? If I can continue are the new updates added or is that save game is locked with the old build.

What's the point of reputation in the beta and for that matter the different corporations as well? I'm sure in the final they will play a role but why am I picking up cultural artifacts now? If I could throw them at a Daemon they may be of some use. If reputation points are at zero or really high do they affect anything in the game? I saw they are adding another corporation in the final but to be honest I didn't even realize there were multiple corporations in this game till days after. All the various missions are the same except for whose company your stealing from.  

I'm addicted to this game and have spent some long nights on it. My biggest gripe is the complete unpredictability of when or even if you'll get a 3 or 4 man team. I saw a previous version of this game had 6 man teams. One battle already can take a good chunk of time and managing 6 spy's will mean it will take as long as an Xcom level. Xcom is a super fun game but I think the same gratification can be achieved  with smaller teams and shorter levels. Please do make the final game much, much longer to complete but the individual battles should remain the length of time they are now. Thanks.

Your team goes up to four, but you will eventually choose your starting two from a roster of six agents depending on xp agents unlocked. For now, we only can unlock 2 agents more. 

You keep your save, but unlocks are for the next new game. items and programs however should retro-populate in new missions after build updates. 

When you see those null droids, note which corporation you're in. Corporations have different themes from items, to personnel to..ex-ter-mi-nate! See here

When you go for detention missions it's uncommon to get a 3rd member and very rare for a 4th after that. 

Thanks for the replies.

Hawk - I see the same. I've only got past day 3 twice but both times were with a 4 spy team. I've done lots of detention missions and it seems chances of getting a new teammate is above 50%. I've heard much harder after story mode but can't confirm. 

Truth- I see now that I should avoid Sunkaku missions for the drones. I've tried hacking em and sneaking by em but it seems easiest to just shoot them and be done with it. It is nice when you can hack them to shoot other drones though. 

I like the idea of choosing from 6 to have 4. I'll drop Shamlem 11 like a ton of bricks. 

Truth I see you post a lot and are very helpful on this forum. Where do you get your information about the game from. Are you affiliated with Klei or just a super fan?

Truth I see you post a lot and are very helpful on this forum. Where do you get your information about the game from. Are you affiliated with Klei or just a super fan?

The latter :) (From both gameplay and from other postings/streams)

But I'm in trouble once Klei realizes I'm squatti...ahhh...doing squats while I post yeah, that's it...not living here in the forums at all (phew that was close!) 

The worst about the Null Drone is that at this point we have very limited options of dealing with it. You either have to get close enough with upgraded melee weapon to KO it or use sharp bullet and destroy it. I read one of the developer's post during an alpha stage where it was written that they're thinking about coming up with more ways to deal with the Null Drones, so I hope they still have something in store for us.

Huh? You have more options of dealing with drones then with enemy soldiers. You can shoot and zap them just like soldiers. They require upgraded weapons but that makes sense for the later stages of a game. They could of just made soldiers have armour level 3 but that's kinda boring, drones add some spice. Also you can hack a drone and turn its guns on other drones or soldiers. Also you can park them in an laser beam and stun/destroy them as well. Also you can hack a stationary one, put him in a corner and he doesn't move. Also they don't hear so manoeuvring around them is easier. Don't get me wrong, I struggle with drones too but you have more options. Personally I like to take the financial hit and shoot em on sight. 

Huh? You have more options of dealing with drones then with enemy soldiers. You can shoot and zap them just like soldiers. They require upgraded weapons but that makes sense for the later stages of a game. They could of just made soldiers have armour level 3 but that's kinda boring, drones add some spice. Also you can hack a drone and turn its guns on other drones or soldiers. Also you can park them in an laser beam and stun/destroy them as well. Also you can hack a stationary one, put him in a corner and he doesn't move. Also they don't hear so manoeuvring around them is easier. Don't get me wrong, I struggle with drones too but you have more options. Personally I like to take the financial hit and shoot em on sight. 

remember that Null Drones cannot (normally) be hacked. 

I wasn't aware of that. Haven't had that much exposure to them yet. I think there are 3 different kinds right? One has a buster chip, one has 4 shots and one unlimited ammo. Once we get to a final build I would like to see (or maybe even create) a list of all enemies, what they carry, how far do they walk on normal patrol vs actively looking, what their dreams and desires are :) 

You say can't be hacked normally. Does an EMP disable them? or what do you mean?

I've managed to get a full team of 4 in 4/8 playthroughs. I must be lucky?

Same thing for me, both times I got an agent from the detention centers on my first and then my second visit on two seperate playthroughs. Honestly thought you were gauranteed to find agents until your team is full and then afterwards you find high value hostages.

Hacked via Incognita sorry. I haven't had a Buster chip when I had them. EMP should work, but shock should not.

Assuming this build tomorrow doesn't change all this of course. 

In the current build, EMP disables null drones, but doesn't shut down their null field so you still can't hack things even while it's EMPed - this is a bug, apparently.

In the current build, EMP disables null drones, but doesn't shut down their null field so you still can't hack things even while it's EMPed - this is a bug, apparently.

What the....

well crap. it didn't used to do this if I remember! Guess I was lucky I didn't get a lot of Null drones recently! 

(Will check bug report to make sure one of these was submitted or do it personally later.) Thanks for that update!  

Archived