[Gameplay] - All CODE NAME missions are hostage

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Platform: PC

Issue Title: All CODE NAME missions are hostage

Issue Description: I am playing an Endless Mode game (now on Day 3). I get several missions available that say something like "CODE NAME: A FRIENDLY CONVERSATION". The description from "Central" can describe a Vault mission, Nanofab mission, etc. I have gone on two or three of them and no matter what the mission description says, it is always a Hostage rescue.

I have four agents (did two detention center missions early and got lucky with agents) in case that makes a difference.

Steps to Reproduce: I am not sure as I have never seen CODE NAME missions before. I do not recall seeing one in the normal play-through. Maybe they only exist in Endless Mode? But if they popup in a game, try going on one to see if you get the same problem.

I tried to upload my save file (savegame.lua) but I get the message "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file".

Let me know if you want me to submit it some other way.

I think the code-name missions are the "distress calls" or whatever that are supposed to be in the full story mode once it's done, like the final mission in the current story mode.

I'm on day 7 of an Endless run, and I did one that was named CODE NAME: INSOMNIAC (I think) which was to locate and incapacitate a mole, then keep an agent on him for 6 or so turns while they extracted info, so there's definitely something other than hostage rescue.

I think the reward for rescuing a hostage is $600, not sure if it goes up. I believe I got an $800 bonus for completing the mole mission.

Also, my endless run is ridiculous, everyone is just running around with inventories chock-full of tier II and III items :razz:

Only wish I'd known there is a cap of 5 Incognita programs, or I wouldn't have gotten a Daemon Sniffer.

PS: You can append a bogus file extension to your save file, to make it save.lua.txt or something. Forum has no problem with that :)

I played two mole mission during endless mode. The first time one of my agent got shot through 3 filing cabinets, while he pinned down the mole behind 3 of these big boxes. My seconed agent were hiding next to the door to knock the secuity down but it never happened because he shot my fisrt agent. Maybe you it could be possible to give the "hidden"-buff to agents with corpses for big tables, boxes etc.

During the second mission i left the mole behind and hid my agent in the next room, i got spammed with messages per turn that i should not go too far away from the mole for the brain scan. I decided to run away to see if the brainscan really stops. It did 2 rooms later and then i got the objective to escape through the elevator, but when i arrived at the exit the elevator was locked and i got the message that i need to end the objective before i can use it.

So please check the brainscan-range-messages, the brainscan-range, the elevator bug and maybe think about the possibilities to hide with corpses.

Archived