Wandrake, The Lost Mandrake

@Monty_Droppings

Don't worry yourself with looking for the black box problem. It's because you have a weird setting on your characters atlas. This atlas is equal to times larger. The reason 3 is BAD, is because it makes the item NOT A POWER OF 2, which is what the game wants.

I will run that on SOME computers, but not all.

:3 Contact me, I already fixed the atlas because I wanted to use it. (I see you used the tiny hands excuse X3)

I wanna play this character right now :( could you able to play me this one without having a black squarezs?

could you give me the file so I can play it... TNX 

Cool does it mean you can fix black square bugs ? Can you pls fix the black square about Writhe TNX XD

Prince pls. Calm down.

Black squares just mean that the textures are of the wrong size:

Mr. Tiddles (author of Writhe) is a busy man, and you're best off asking him by personal message about this (I don't think he's interested in writhe all that much anymore, so if you actually do that, good luck!).

You could make a Black-Box-Fix mod, by basically making an empty, low-priority mod, and putting the fixed textures in it. (Again, if you actually want someone to do this, good luck finding people who're still interested in Writhe)

For the case it's not obvious: Many people could, but nowadays people tend to not care.

EDIT: I forgot to mention my respect to Monty for all the effort and interest he has spent on this mod.

This community is awesome. I ask someone to show me a screenshot of their issue, I come back a day later and someone has already fixed it.

Sorry guys, I've just become very busy lately [again] and I am also helping out with the code with another mod.

Sigh.

Official to do list:

-Sanity Drain during the day ( Mandrake's aren't supposed to play in the sun!)

-No hunger loss during the day [except winter] (Photosynthesis?)

-Base game compatible

How do you guys feel like he is balanced now? It's not very easy to balance a character that changes so many stats so dramatically (Thats why many of the best [balanced] character mods are fairly docile on their stat changes)

-my thoughts-

I feel like an infinite use panflute is basically impossible to balance, it allows for the complete avoidance of combat.

I was thinking about changing the special panflute to ~75 -100 uses, and having the same crafting formula as the regular panflute.

I don't know what to think of the mandrake spear, it allows for safe damage output, but the formula is fairly expensive, I was thinking about increasing the cost to include living logs. Also it is fairly redundant at the moment considering the infinite use panflute.

Mandrake bits has been shelved for now. Having health as a crafting component is a bit of a pain.

Mandrake essence may be a bit too useful

Another possible nerf would be decreasing max stacks that the little guy can carry.

I NEED FEEDBACK TO BALANCE STUFFS!

:happypigs:  :happypigs:  :happypigs:  :happypigs:

Took another long hiatus from this game. 

I really appreciate the LUA experience this has given me, as it has really let me do some neat stuff modding other games (such as Civ 5).

I don't know what direction I want to take this mod anymore.

If anyone has anyone has any suggestions for me to add, please let me know!

If anyone is interested in helping make the art better, also let me know!

Otherwise I hope you all had a great thanksgiving!

Archived