Were pigs made to permanently die off yet?

I know they're not supposed to respawn for 3 days, but I thought I remember hearing something about them not respawning after so many kills from the same house. Has this been implemented yet? And if so, will Pig House recipe requirements be worked around so the pigs won't go extinct? (pigskin being needed, and only being a %25 drop means that you'll run out of pigs quickly)

Pigs can possibly go extinct now (Pig houses only respawn so many pigs before they're empty and pig houses still require pigskin to make) but it would require an awful lot of pig slaughter for them to completely disappear.

I really don't get where that story of pighouses only spawning 3 pigs at most came from,but I read that back a lot on the forums o.o Still it doesn't say anything about it in the detailled patch notes,just that they take 3 days to spawn after they die.Also had a pig from the same house die well over 3 times in the process of Krampus farming(pigs do not like him,even though he appears aswell if you would kill piggies,ironic isn't it),so am glad the pigmen can't go extinct.yet? D: