Can't understand the origin of a "dark ohm".

There's a spot where i can hear a sound but i can't understand what's the origin. The sound seems to be tied to a specific spot (higher volume as i get closer) and the sound is like a chorus, like a buddhist ohm in a dark creepy tone. That specific spot is not far from my base so the surrondings are explored and there is not much special anywhere close except a few beefalo (couple screen east) a neutral treeguard (which is moving around, while the sound is always tied to the same spot), a couple of pig houses (couple screen south) and my tooth trap field further away west. I probably walked more than a few times in that spot without noticing the sound before (i.e. might be a new thing).

Do you know what's supposed to mean and what's originating the sound?

The description sounds as if the "ohm" comes from a ghost that despawned but somehow forgot to stop playing it's sound... Have you encountered ghosts before? (so you know what they sound like) I had a similar thing with eyeplants once, a random area on the map looped their biting sound without any nearby. The sound got louder the closer I got to the source...

i've had a similar thing once before, turned out to be a ghost that had got stuck on terrain while chasing me and this had caused it not to despawn. every time i walked to my icebox the sound would be there. Have you done a bit of gravedigging? If so, retrace your steps and you'll probably find it.

i've had a similar thing once before, turned out to be a ghost that had got stuck on terrain while chasing me and this had caused it not to despawn. every time i walked to my icebox the sound would be there. Have you done a bit of gravedigging? If so, retrace your steps and you'll probably find it.

Shovel digging for invisible objects clears most of my problems up, including invisible pickables preventing structure placement. 

Archived