Perma-Death in Caves/Ruins - Help!

I can't seem to find a straight answer on whether death in the caves/ruins is supposed to be permanent (meaning game over regardless if you have touchstones/meat effigy).

The first time, I died as the robot and had a meat effigy in my base, with no touchstones. The second time I was Willow, put a meat effigy in the caves, had 4 touchstones, and died in the ruins.

Is there any official dev word on this? I really like the game but it is really frustrating to spend close to 300 days and die forever if you go to the caves. Should I just cheat and back up my save file if I want to spelunk?

No it should not be permadeath if you die in cave/ruins and have a way to revive. This has happen to me before when I had the amulet/backpack mod enabled but after I took it off it never happen again. 

So if you have any mods enabled one of them may be the problem.

Well I just did a game with Webber with the amulet/backpack mod disabled, and resed as expected at a touchstone after dying in the cave. Too bad, that was one of my favorite mods!

Update - I tried another version of the amulet/backpack mod, and resurrected successfully from a touchstone. I made sure to have a backpack and armor equipped when I died in the caves.

The working mod I used is Backpack and Amulet Slots by Afro1967, posted on June 28 @ 5:25 in the Steam workshop. Hope this helps some other adventurers!

Update - I tried another version of the amulet/backpack mod, and resurrected successfully from a touchstone. I made sure to have a backpack and armor equipped when I died in the caves.

The working mod I used is Backpack and Amulet Slots by Afro1967, posted on June 28 @ 5:25 in the Steam workshop. Hope this helps some other adventurers!

yeah, "old" mods pre RoG updated can cause some parts of the game to go unworking...in your case the resurrection when in caves...

Archived