Anyone Remember Being Able to Restart Your World?

So, you would die, and then the screen would come up that had your total XP award, how long you lasted, and three buttons: Retry, Main Menu, & Forum. When you clicked on Retry, it would allow you to use the same map you died in when starting over.

I am starting to think I am going crazy, as no one else seems to remember this feature with the exception of me and my wife, but does anyone else remember being able to restart the same map over when you died?

And if you do, what version update was this eliminated from?

The wiki does not provide good info, and I cannot find a reliable version history/changelog anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

So, you would die, and then the screen would come up that had your total XP award, how long you lasted, and three buttons: Retry, Main Menu, & Forum. When you clicked on Retry, it would allow you to use the same map you died in when starting over.

I am starting to think I am going crazy, as no one else seems to remember this feature with the exception of me and my wife, but does anyone else remember being able to restart the same map over when you died?

And if you do, what version update was this eliminated from?

The wiki does not provide good info, and I cannot find a reliable version history/changelog anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is this was a feature, the bad news is this was a feature when the game was being tested/revised still and is as dead as grinding up items for research points.

Short of some module allowing this (and check your mods to see if any were disabled,) I can't say how you can "restart the same world over again." 

There is a mod in the steam workshop wich asks you if "you really want to die", and there's another one that allows you to go back to day one by using a special sleep thingy. I'll look for the links, gimme a second. (those are the closest ones I can remember)

There is a mod in the steam workshop wich asks you if "you really want to die", and there's another one that allows you to go back to day one by using a special sleep thingy. I'll look for the links, gimme a second. (those are the closest ones I can remember)

Ok this is the one that allows you to go back to day one:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=227405995&searchtext=

And this is the one that let's you kind of replay

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=196023750&searchtext=

I know neither of them are the exact thing you're looking for but I hope they're of some use. Good luck :D

I dont see why you would want to start in the same world anyways except for knowing where everything is. (Boring!) Let me do some testing. Perhaps after death there is a way to revive yourself using console while the EXP screen is still up! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS! I believe if you die, you should take it as it is.

Though restarting with the exact same generated world seed, perhaps could be possible with the editing of game files - or if Klei ever let you use seeded world generation. Which I doubt they will because half the fun is running around finding what's in your world in the first place.

As of yet I'm unable to find a way to revive once dead. (Everyone would abuse the hell out of it.) Good luck though, and try those mods @IndaChelepska recommended! 

Till Klei finds a way to fix this I'll try digging into world seeds, if Don't Starve even uses them.

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is this was a feature, the bad news is this was a feature when the game was being tested/revised still and is as dead as grinding up items for research points.

Short of some module allowing this (and check your mods to see if any were disabled,) I can't say how you can "restart the same world over again." 

I am so happy to hear that you remember this! Ha! I know that sounds pathetic, but I had posted a comment reply on /r/dontstarve subreddit saying that I had remembered this being a feature in the past, and people didn't believe me. Again, very petty stuff.

Thanks for the reply!

I dont see why you would want to start in the same world anyways except for knowing where everything is. (Boring!) Let me do some testing. Perhaps after death there is a way to revive yourself using console while the EXP screen is still up! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS! I believe if you die, you should take it as it is.

Though restarting with the exact same generated world seed, perhaps could be possible with the editing of game files - or if Klei ever let you use seeded world generation. Which I doubt they will because half the fun is running around finding what's in your world in the first place.

As of yet I'm unable to find a way to revive once dead. (Everyone would abuse the hell out of it.) Good luck though, and try those mods @IndaChelepska recommended! 

Till Klei finds a way to fix this I'll try digging into world seeds, if Don't Starve even uses them.

I don't want to give the wrong impression here, I am not looking to be able to do this, I am just wondering if anyone remembers it being a feature in the past.

Thanks for looking into it though!

@TheDodoBird

Hopefully we can look back on this with a smile! Like the retry feature of old!

(I only got Don't Starve this summer, but have not been able to stop playing it since. So im new to this and have never experienced that.)

Still will dig around though!

@TheDodoBird

Hopefully we can look back on this with a smile! Like the retry feature of old!

(I only got Don't Starve this summer, but have not been able to stop playing it since. So im new to this and have never experienced that.)

Still will dig around though!

And while many got Reign of Giants months ago, I only got it days ago...maddening for me so far but I like that! 

I think this old mechanic fits 1000x better in DST, just saying

I think the Ghost Mechanic works just fine, if not better.  As simply going *POP* you're back to life and need only spend a mindless couple minutes running to find your items, YOU and your TEAMMATES will have to work together! I dont know how items are handled in DST when you die, but if you cant get access to them until you're revived; it gives reason to revive your teammates once they die. Especially if they were carrying something valuable such as a Deerclops Eyeball!

Lord Forbid Wes dies holding the eyeball, and then dies as a ghost! DAMN IT WES!!!~

I think the Ghost Mechanic works just fine, if not better.  As simply going *POP* you're back to life and need only spend a mindless couple minutes running to find your items, YOU and your TEAMMATES will have to work together! I dont know how items are handled in DST when you die, but if you cant get access to them until you're revived; it gives reason to revive your teammates once they die. Especially if they were carrying something valuable such as a Deerclops Eyeball!

Lord Forbid Wes dies holding the eyeball, and then dies as a ghost! DAMN IT WES!!!~

I was referring to having the ability to play the same world.

If we're in a forest, we make a sound. Then nothing :razz:

Funnily enough, for a brief moment - it will sound like a one-note orchestra as every single character in the party dies at once; with only a sad note to mark their passing.

Then a shaking battle-cry rocks the silence that once was, "I KILL NOW! BARK BARK BARK! YOU GO SMASH! BARK BARK BARK!"

*Sighs and Respawns*

Like Gumboy said:I don't think it is worth retrying in the same world.It is like playing a Minecraft map again and again,won't you get bored?Plus,I partly understand you.Maybe that happend to your best world where you like...survived 60 days?But still,the past should stay in the past,right?

Archived