Potential dont starve together files

After finding something in my mod list named "starvinggames" I looked into the mod folder of the game and found more potential don't starve together files.

All the folders were empty, my best guess is that they will be expanded on as don't starve together is released.

The files I found were:

"starvinggames"

"messenger"

"leaderboard"

"deathwatch"

Most of them, you can easily guess what they are, but the one that interests me is starving games, what do you guys think will be here?

Sorry if this has all been brought up before, I did not find anything else about it.

After finding something in my mod list named "starvinggames" I looked into the mod folder of the game and found more potential don't starve together files.

All the folders were empty, my best guess is that they will be expanded on as don't starve together is released.

The files I found were:

"starvinggames"

"messenger"

"leaderboard"

"deathwatch"

Most of them, you can easily guess what they are, but the one that interests me is starving games, what do you guys think will be here?

Sorry if this has all been brought up before, I did not find anything else about it.

Woah! I never thought about looking there! I'm guessing the starvinggames are like the hunger games or something? Man you found a pretty good leak. Well, if it is a leak xD.

The most interesting thing is that it was ALL with my mods. I saw it when selecting a new mod. How come nobody noticed it before? They must placed it there recently. Chances are they did this intentionally, to get us hyped for DST.

EDIT: check your mod files to see if it is there. It can not be left over from another mod I installed, because this was only here recently, and I did not install any mods since I last played.

It's mostly stuff that Cheerio uploaded to the workshop. Messenger lets you pull up a chat that anyone can join in, leaderboard shows amount of time players have survived, and deathwatch shows the most recent player deaths. This stuff may have been random tests they decided to upload.

Don't have a clue what starving games is, but I've seen it in my mods list for a while.

Actually, these files appeared in very early RoG beta.

Klei (I forget who exactly, maybe SethR or JanH) said these were files from a discontinued project that we would "Likely not see again".

So, they were either scrapped prototypes of DST, a prototype game mode, something COMPLETELY different, OR they were work in progress prototypes, but Klei told a white lie, since they started the announcement or DST almost directly after releasing RoG :p

Archived