Why Permadeath will suck in DST

I will tell you a story: As soon as Dont Stave together comes out me and at least two other friends will play it for sure!
I am a real Don't Starve Veteran, but my two friends didn't even survive  their first winter simply because they are beginners. They think Don't Starve is pretty boring because they are used to multiplayer games.
Let's assume all touchstones are already gone because one player got killed by a tallbird and the other one by a tentacle - what's gonna happen when permadeath is implemented and one guy dies again?
Right! The player won't be able to do anything! Eventually he can watch, but thats not the point of Dont Starve Together beeing a multiplayer, is it?
You will most likely play this mod to play TOGETHER WITH YOUR FRIENDS, but if they keep dying because nah... they are new to this game it would be a shame to start a new game over and over again. 
And that would be frustrating for everyone, eventually you didn't die a single time until day x, but again you need to start a new world because mr x didn't even know what happens if you walk through a pig village when fullmoon rises. 

I don't say there should be a respawn timer, of course not! But it should be possible to revive players with ingame objects. Be it a Meat effigy built afterwards or a new structures used to bring ghost players back to life. I for real would heavily reject a permadeath experience in multiplayer. 

What do you think? Do you have friends you wanna play with? Are they new to the game?

I personally love the idea of becoming a ghost, but ghost players should be unable to scout any place on the map (because it'd be overpowered), while at the same time be able to do more stuff than to just respawn by possessing a ressurection altar or such (because it'd be boring). Ideally, you should be able to do mischief, such as levitating hats or kicking chester (not dealing damage ofc, that'd be devilment).

I believe that straight permadeath wouldn't work for the togethery atmosphere of DST (for a lot of people), but as long as we're talking about one end of the spectrum, the other end would be just as sucky.

I personally love the idea of becoming a ghost, but ghost players should be unable to scout any place on the map (because it'd be overpowered)

I'd like to add on to that by saying, if someone dies with much of the map unexplored (ie black areas on map) they shouldn't be able to walk outside of the discovered parts of the map, like in the parts visible on the map.

Stuck to where they've been before.

One of my close friends didn't want to get the game until he heard of Don't Starve Together. I understood it but in reality it's a big reason why Don't Starve got so many people back into the game. A basic summary of what he said at both before and after he heard about multiplayer for Don't Starve:

Before: "I don't want Don't Starve because it's not my type of game" (didn't want the game because it had no multiplayer or he doesn't like survival, single player only games.)

After: "I will get Don't Starve after multiplayer is released." (I will get the game once multiplayer is released/ I will get Don't Starve because of multiplayer)

The problem with people getting Don't Starve for multiplayer (and just for) is that they don't really get the thrill of Don't Starve (which is play singleplayer and unlock your first character(s) and I love that feeling since it gets me to feel the fun of Don't Starve and even if it gets boring, I loved it.)

Archived