Webber Strategies

I was wondering how do I make the most of Webber. I realize I'm having problems not knowing where to build with him and what to do although I love the character.

So I wanted to have a discussion of strategy with Webber. I would discuss what I do and why I do it. But, I will need corrections or suggestions that are constructive and creative.

So let me discuss my problem first. Assuming you spawn in Autumn, I go and gather:

40 rocks

12 gold

20 logs

60 grass

60 twigs

5-10 pieces of assorted food

By then it should be around day 7-10 when i'm done with that. I then build in the marsh and in the grasslands usually located in the middle of it for spiders and a cave entrance. However I feel that is my downfall. So what do you guys do and where should I truly make a base? I feel maybe i'm focusing too much on the spider aspect and maybe just going into a grasslands or savannah would be better. Suggestions or tips about this?

Also, I know of the strategies of the spiders so that isn't a problem.

I usually die between days 4-13 when I play him, but I had one success story when I lived between a Queen's Gathering set piece.

The steam guides I found don't explain much beside the spider trick which I found on accident without a guide, heh.

I was wondering how do I make the most of Webber. I realize I'm having problems not knowing where to build with him and what to do although I love the character.

So I wanted to have a discussion of strategy with Webber. I would discuss what I do and why I do it. But, I will need corrections or suggestions that are constructive and creative.

So let me discuss my problem first. Assuming you spawn in Autumn, I go and gather:

40 rocks

12 gold

20 logs

60 grass

60 twigs

5-10 pieces of assorted food

By then it should be around day 7-10 when i'm done with that. I then build in the marsh and in the grasslands usually located in the middle of it for spiders and a cave entrance. However I feel that is my downfall. So what do you guys do and where should I truly make a base? I feel maybe i'm focusing too much on the spider aspect and maybe just going into a grasslands or savannah would be better. Suggestions or tips about this?

Also, I know of the strategies of the spiders so that isn't a problem.

I usually die between days 4-13 when I play him, but I had one success story when I lived between a Queen's Gathering set piece.

The steam guides I found don't explain much beside the spider trick which I found on accident without a guide, heh.

I got to day 36 as webber.  What I do is put traps around spider dens and wait until they go into it.  This will give you monster meat, (which as you know webber can eat.) Healing salve, and silk.  With this you can have a steady supply of food, and healing.  Always try exploring much map as possible.  Look for gears to make a ice box.  This will let food stay fresh.  Also look for beefalos.  They drop poo that makes farms, another supply of food.  Than just make all the supplies. (rocks,flint,gold,twigs, and grass.)

If you have more than 3 or 4 full spider dens around you befriend one spider with meat and have it attack another spider. Make sure to not attack the spider on accident otherwise it won't work. The spider you befriended will anger every single spider and basically almost every spider will obliterate themselves in combat. Leaving you completely unharmed and gushing with spiderglands, silk and monster meat.

Pretty fun to watch as well.

I also like to plant spider dens all over the pig king to show my dominance over him.

I got to day 36 as webber.  What I do is put traps around spider dens and wait until they go into it.  This will give you monster meat, (which as you know webber can eat.) Healing salve, and silk.  With this you can have a steady supply of food, and healing.  Always try exploring much map as possible.  Look for gears to make a ice box.  This will let food stay fresh.  Also look for beefalos.  They drop poo that makes farms, another supply of food.  Than just make all the supplies. (rocks,flint,gold,twigs, and grass.)

Thanks, friend! However would you know what biome to build in? Because I feel my base is in a bad area. 

Thanks for the trap advice!

If you have more than 3 or 4 full spider dens around you befriend one spider with meat and have it attack another spider. Make sure to not attack the spider on accident otherwise it won't work. The spider you befriended will anger every single spider and basically almost every spider will obliterate themselves in combat. Leaving you completely unharmed and gushing with spiderglands, silk and monster meat.

Pretty fun to watch as well.

I also like to plant spider dens all over the pig king to show my dominance over him.

As I stated, I know about this, but I just don't know what biome to build in because I keep going into the middle of a swamp where the grasslands are located with the cave...

As I stated, I know about this, but I just don't know what biome to build in because I keep going into the middle of a swamp where the grasslands are located with the cave...

Forest next to a savannah with beefalo is the best imo. When the hounds come go to the beefalo.

Thanks, friend! However would you know what biome to build in? Because I feel my base is in a bad area. 

Thanks for the trap advice!

A good biome would be savanah, or near a pig village.  I personally would recommend a pig village, because they can protect you from hounds.  Eventually you should build a hound trap. It looks like this http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RaxsK4mdILw/UxqVOjUh20I/AAAAAAAAAfo/AW0UjgjNu-0/s1600/Toothsome_Trap.png  If you can't find a pig village, than a savannah or near a spider nest.

A good biome would be savanah, or near a pig village.  I personally would recommend a pig village, because they can protect you from hounds.  Eventually you should build a hound trap. It looks like this http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RaxsK4mdILw/UxqVOjUh20I/AAAAAAAAAfo/AW0UjgjNu-0/s1600/Toothsome_Trap.png  If you can't find a pig village, than a savannah or near a spider nest.

*ahem* Webber and pigs don't get along too well :p

Normally, I'd not suggest this until you're an advanced player, but since you're Webber, this guide may actually work very well: 

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Guides/Marsh_Camp_Guide

Besides not worrying about the walking cane yet and being VERY cautious with doing ANY Pig/Bunnymen house building, the rest of the guide can be followed as is (and of course as well that you can safely eat the monster meat and other monster foods.) Use the befriending spiders as allies when you see fit. 

Normally, I'd not suggest this until you're an advanced player, but since you're Webber, this guide may actually work very well: 

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Guides/Marsh_Camp_Guide

Besides not worrying about the walking cane yet and being VERY cautious with doing ANY Pig/Bunnymen house building, the rest of the guide can be followed as is (and of course as well that you can safely eat the monster meat and other monster foods.) Use the befriending spiders as allies when you see fit. 

Wow, this is really cool. Thanks friend!

Archived