Beard during summer?

• Having a beard will now decrease summer insulation values.

So...does this mean it's good or bad to have a beard during summer? I'm assuming bad :<

Not sure. My long hair IRL keeps my head and back cool in the summer (While when you touch it, it feels like it's going to combust!). 

But since I don't have a beard, I'm not sure whether a beard would make your face hotter or insulate it orm the sun.

I myself need specifics, so this is something I would actually like to know myself.

Not sure. My long hair IRL keeps my head and back cool in the summer (While when you touch it, it feels like it's going to combust!). 

But since I don't have a beard, I'm not sure whether a beard would make your face hotter or insulate it orm the sun.

I myself need specifics, so this is something I would actually like to know myself.

IRL I usually grow a beard during the winter and shave it off in the spring.

For myself, a beard seems to keep me a little hotter in the summer and easier to get itchy. The summers here are brutal though, around 35-40c for about 5 months or so.

, around 35-40c for about 5 months or so.

Our summers are the same, as are our springs, and our autumns... Basically, it's hot year-round 'til Winter here in South 'Straya.

And alright, I must have weird hair.

Our summers are the same, as are our springs, and our autumns... Basically, it's hot year-round 'til Winter here in South 'Straya.

And alright, I must have weird hair.

I'm in Asia, in the tropics, pretty much only 2 seasons here as well, kinda-winter and SUMMER.

I'm from the north though, I can say beards do feel better when you are exposed to extreme cold, extreme heat makes them quite uncomfortable, at least in my opinion. 

Speaking as a person who lives in the part of Los Angeles (the North San Fernando Valley) that can reach up 105F/40.5C in the peak summer, it's best NOT to have a beard in the summer, and if you do, trim it short (and yes i have one and yes I do.)

Oh, and in the game, it is bad in Summer. They meant heat protection when noting "Summer insulation values."   

Archived