WX78 Theories and Discussion

The theory that Wx-78 was created by Wilson is total bonkers. Let me remind everyone that Wilson was a great-scientist-wannabe. He failed to create anything of scientific value, he had nothing but doomed aspiration. So a wannabe-scientist (who's not a mechanist) is responsible for the creation of an automation with consciousness and a sense of survival?? I don't think so.

Maxwell on the other hand, seems far more likely. He was the one who granted Wilson's wish, and he's also the one responsible for trapping the players inside the world. Maxwell probably found another vulnerable victim, and granted his/her wish by upgrading his/her body through mechanical functions.

I will be honest and say, yes I agree with you when you say that Wilson was a scientist wannabe. His experiments did not seem to work before Maxwell came along and gave him the knowledge to do things. Wilson had the drive to be a scientist, but not the knowledge.

WX's line about the meat effigy is the main reason why I don't think Wilson made WX though.

And YES, I do think that Maxwell has a chance of being the one who made someone into a robot.

It could have been through a wish, since we don't know the full extent of his powers.

The Maxwell created WX78 theory is great, even though it does not give any explanation for why WX claims to have a mother.

I hope Klei releases more background on WX. These theories are so rad, but they all seem to have little bits unexplained.

Thank you for your addition! :D

I will go ahead and say I think that Wilson creating WX78 is unlikely. For one main reason:

tumblr_n8mn5hUQnI1tu916ko1_400.png

When examining the meat effigy, WX78 doesn't recognize the obvious visage of Wilson.

I think that Klei put that line in there because they did not want us to think that WX78 was made by Wilson.

and yes, I love WX78's inconsistencies UVU.

He is too lively to be strictly a robot and the fact that mosquitoes can still get something from WX is interesting.

I seriously think there is a good chance of him being a cyborg in actuality.

Thank you for your addition! ^v^

(p.s.: I think it's awesome that you rp as WX. The little passage that you wrote made me smile, so thank you for that! :> )

Then again, without supernatural intervention, Wilson's Art could be so bad as well, nobody could recognize that meat effigy image as Wilson besides Wilson, but an interesting point :p 

(And thanks, I'm a role-playing gamer first and foremost.) 

Then again, without supernatural intervention, Wilson's Art could be so bad as well, nobody could recognize that meat effigy image as Wilson besides Wilson, but an interesting point :razz:

(And thanks, I'm a role-playing gamer first and foremost.) 

Counterpoint!

Wilson's weave is so recognizable it'd be fairly hard not to recognize it's Wilson. Especially if you knew him.

I mean, who else has hair with that distinct W shape?

So, I still think that Wilson being WX's creator is probably unlikely, but if he is and Klei gives some clear info to back that up I'd be happy to accept it.

I would be happy to get any real bg on WX. The speculation is fun, but it starts to get frustrating when most theories only have a little canon info backing it or don't explain enough. :Y

There are so many questions about WX that only have theories answering them, it'd be super rad to see some answers from Klei.

Thank you for your reply! ^U^

There are so many questions about WX that only have theories answering them, it'd be super rad to see some answers from Klei.

Thank you for your reply! ^U^

[As WX-78 and tributing that...famous cyborg race elsewhere: ]

Origin theories are irrelevant. You will be assimilated; your body resources will soon feed my physical form. 

The Maxwell created WX78 theory is great, even though it does not give any explanation for why WX claims to have a mother.

Wx-78 loves his machines. He treats them like his family. Explanation provided.

Archived