The matrix bug [Developers READ!]

Last I checked, the Chester problem was fixed. I wouldn't know about Abigail though as I don't play Wendy.

Also, if my memory serves me right it's just Seth working on Don't Starve fixes now? He's pretty reliable though, if you contact him without saying he's terrible at his job. 

Which reminds me, I need to ask him if the Bearger's self conscious... 

Well there were 3 chesters on my world at once at one stage 2 were following me one went off by itself.  think abigail got duplicated because the flower was inside chester and when chester got duplicated everything inside him aslo got duplicated along with the pan flutes I stored inside him :D

Oh so u can't mod u probably have PC. Look stop being a dhead to klei. Again if u can't fix it don't complain as hard

This is the problem right here. check the timestamp on that post then check today's date. This bug should be a the very top of their priority list as it is literally game breaking and has a 100% chance of happening should you take a rock lobster to the surface meaning this affects a lot of people. Like I said I have read many threads on this matter not just on these forums but on others as well. I am also certain there are much more who have had this issue who have never reported in on any kind of forum or just dont understand what was going on. 

If I were a developer I would have this at the very top of my to do list because this is probably in the top 5 worst bugs I have ever experienced in any game and take my word for it i have played a huge amount of games. I understand klei are a small company with a small development team so what they can do is limated but a bug this serious should have been fixed long ago.

post-325382-0-22971700-1404544474_thumb.

This is the problem right here. check the timestamp on that post then check today's date. This bug should be a the very top of their priority list as it is literally game breaking and has a 100% chance of happening should you take a rock lobster to the surface meaning this affects a lot of people. Like I said I have read many threads on this matter not just on these forums but on others as well. I am also certain there are much more who have had this issue who have never reported in on any kind of forum or just dont understand what was going on. 

If I were a developer I would have this at the very top of my to do list because this is probably in the top 5 worst bugs I have ever experienced in any game and take my word for it i have played a huge amount of games. I understand klei are a small company with a small development team so what they can do is limated but a bug this serious should have been fixed long ago.

look Klei is bussy as u can tell they have 5 other games also to take care of. also why not just argo the rock lobster near the rope and go up. he isant following you anymore so no invis rock spawn on top

look Klei is bussy as u can tell they have 5 other games also to take care of. also why not just argo the rock lobster near the rope and go up. he isant following you anymore so no invis rock spawn on top

there was a spawn on the surface. No matter what you do they will just keep spawning infinitely. Hence why I just deleted my world. 

A cool thing about this is cannibalism, if they don't find minerals, they should eat each other because basically they are rocks.

Yea that would be funny lol just walking in the fields. Sorta like zombies

I remember reading somewhere that when you bring rock lobsters to the surface, they create an invisible spawn point (similar to the tumbleweed, on the dlc). So no matter how many times you put them back on the caves, they will still reapper.

I know how you feel, i had to use the teleportato in my 500 day world because of these things. But on the cave i never had problems with them, the number of rock lobsters on my caves always is constant.

I've brought them to the surface and noticed they bred quickly (without knowing about how ridiculous it gets.) What I had heard about was the glitch where they will un-camouflage (hiding in their shell) if they are shot with a Fire Staff or Ice Staff. I killed off the 5 or so that had already bred with a little help from Beefalo.

None has respawned since.

I think you heard about how Beefalo have an invisible spawn point, which I have heard too.

In the future:

1) Go here to place DS suggestions or comments. this forum isn't the place for that. If you need to report a Bug that you feel has NOT been addressed, go here instead. No matter what, take a few minutes and check the topics to see if another post has already bright up and addressed your problem for your platform (PS4.) BTW: this is a known issue and it still is being worked on as shown: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/31648-rock-lobsters-infestation/

Edit: and remember, Sony requires all of the game updates to be "under review" by them BEFORE being released. This means it takes LONGER for updates to be sent to PS4 users. this is nothing to do with Klei, sorry to say. A lot of things were updated in the reign of giants add on for example, but that isn't yet available for Ps4 yet for example. 

2) No matter how "dire impossible" it is for you, please be civil about it. I know what you have read makes you feel that "everybody" has this problem, but they don't. "Everybody" as you so put it, knows about the breeding issue of the rock lobsters and uses common sense to pen them in.

Even if (and this is where my expertise ends since I play it on PC and not PS4, but your version IS updated to PS4's latest game patch 1.01, right) your PS4 version somehow were to use an "older build" than what we computer standalone/Steam players get, that is a huge basic step to do. You do know how to make them follow you to a pen, right? You also do know how to use the teleportato to start a new world if it's "too difficult" so you can do it right with your character and key resources taken with you to the "next world," right?

(You don't hear people from Australia whining about introduced rabbits and there's no natural predator so they have to abandon the continent; the people adapt as best as possible until a permanent solution is found to work.) 

See my next step for "modern mass killing solutions" or feed them minerals and kill them when docile. 

I bet no matter how, "helpful" I may or may not have just been, if I said "you couldn't properly post a forum reply after how you responded," you'd be angry and defensive. Now re-read your responses (noting how some of your said responses are based on old and/or inaccurate information) and think how some of the people would feel reading how you responded (and there are only currently only about 3 people  total working on DS since it's had its life cycle run and add on finished by now.) So please when you post your feedback in the right area, remember to do so civilly. 

3)And technically, as noted, Rock Lobsters when "camouflaged" take 95% damage resistance, not 100% difficult but not impossible to kill. Try using multiple gunpowder/Slurtle Slime on them when they are asleep and defenseless. 

I hope the correct sub-topic thread in the future gives you the solution you can use even if it's not the exact one you are looking for. 

Archived