Don't Starve is currently #1 on Reddit /r/gaming!

This message is for one of the mods:

I posted a link created by a Reddit user /u/Praying__Mantis for his Don't Starve 500 Day gameplay to Reddit. Soon after, it became #1 in the /r/gaming subreddit, and #2 overall!! I think there was 3400 upvotes, so this gotten Don't Starve and Klei Entertainment a lot of recognition. I apparently can't copy and paste, but the title is "Dedication" in /r/gaming on Reddit.

I think he deserves some kind of recognition or gift basket from Klei. I was the original poster of the link that made it viral on Reddit, and can direct you to the user if need be.

Thanks for an amazing game guys, the Reddit community truly appreciates it!

Gift basket?  Klei doesn't just hand out rewards to people who post videos of their stuff, no matter how popular it is.  The views are appreciated, but they're doing fine with advertising on their own.

My incomplete 1000 Day Reign of Giants base.

You can see it in more detail under the spoilers below. Enjoy the tour!

Map.jpg

Welcome to "Fort Not As Shitty", or more appropriately, my year-round base.

This is the main storage area, and where I spent most of my nights in the latter half of the run.

Home.jpg

Some nice carpet detailing just under the storage area.

2V.jpg

The right side of the grand storage. It might seem excessively large, but that's the point. The idea was to create an area where I could dump items for the rest of my days, and never have to worry about storage ever again.

ss (2014-06-14 at 12.03.01).jpg

The left side of the grand storage alongside the pig king and my crockpots. It was a pain in the ass to place them, but I think it turned out nicely. Also, jam.

Pig Kang.jpg

This is the berry farm located just above my main storage area. The wooden walls were an experiment at possibly keeping eyeplants out, never tested thoroughly.

Berries.jpg

My grass farm just the right of the berry farm. Was going to touch it up a bit, but 1000 days isn't as much time as you'd think.

Grass.jpg

The twig farm to the left of the berries, sadly this is blatantly unfinished. Maybe someday I'll run this world to 2000 days and get some more work done, fancy things up even more.

Twigs.jpg

Glommer's statue, found a little bit above my grass farm.

bzzzzrrzrz.jpg

The cave just above my twig farm. Unfortunately the Houndius Shootius doesn't target bats immediately like it used to, but at least I can chase gobblers into it and save some durability on my dark sword.

Cave.jpg

My pig village. I had hoped to fill this area with houses up to the cobblestone line you can see on the map, but it was too time consuming and I moved on to developing other parts of the base.

Pig Village.jpg

Last and most certainly not least are my beeboxes. This is only a small portion of them, but it would be pointless to take three screencaps of just rows of boxes. If you want to count them out, feel free to check out the map screenshot. Honey is the best food source in-game, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

HONEY.jpg

Well, that about does it for "Fort Not As Shitty", so why don't we hop through this spoilered wormhole here and...

Wormhole Traps.jpg

Presto! Welcome to my summer home, appropriately titled "Fort Shitty". I use these tooth traps on a regular basis to protect myself from hounds, only a single digestive system away!

Tooth Traps.jpg

Here is the upper half of the fort

Summer 1.jpg

and here is the lower half.

Summer 2.jpg

Well, that's about it. If you have any questions about strategies, design ideas, etc. feel free to ask. I stream on a regular basis on twitch.tv/flare2v, so there's that. Once again, there's a bunch of cool things that I wanted to add but didn't have the time for, maybe I'll get to it later. Thanks for taking the time to check this out, have a nice day!

(No mods of any sort were used, world settings were default, and I didn't sleep through any nights or die at any point in time. I did use backup files to show it all off on the 1000th day, but I never used backups to further my survival.)

Kneel before your lord, peasants.

This message is for one of the mods:

I posted a link created by a Reddit user /u/Praying__Mantis for his Don't Starve 500 Day gameplay to Reddit. Soon after, it became #1 in the /r/gaming subreddit, and #2 overall!! I think there was 3400 upvotes, so this gotten Don't Starve and Klei Entertainment a lot of recognition. I apparently can't copy and paste, but the title is "Dedication" in /r/gaming on Reddit.

I think he deserves some kind of recognition or gift basket from Klei. I was the original poster of the link that made it viral on Reddit, and can direct you to the user if need be.

Thanks for an amazing game guys, the Reddit community truly appreciates it!

Oh believe me, I saw it first thing this morning. It didn't just first page /r/gaming, it frontpaged default reddit as well.

You took out dontstarvegame.com too. 

:eagerness:

Oh believe me, I saw it first thing this morning. It didn't just first page /r/gaming, it frontpaged default reddit as well.

You took out dontstarvegame.com too. 

:eagerness:

Haha, mission accomplished then! Sorry for knocking out your servers - it's killed Imgur on and off all day too. Since I posted it, there has been 334,000 views for that link. 

Glad I could help send a few extra downloads your guys's way! Especially since this was posted RIGHT as the Steam Summer sales was announced.

Archived