How to kill the bosses of the game!

treguard

Equipment:Ham bat, Log Suit, Football Helmet and Honey Poultices

How to kill:attack it (2 no atack 1) and return,continue to kill it.Heal if needed.

Spider Queen

Equipment:2 Fire Darts, Ham bat, Log Suit, Football Helmet, 1 pig and  Honey Poultices.

How to kill:attack with thw 2 fire darts,and continue attacking and killing spiders and in the final the pig will kill the spider. Heal if needed.

Deerclops

Equipment:Ham bat or Tentacle Spike or Bat Bat, Marble suit, Football Helmet and Honey Poultices or 1 Fire Staff, 1 Ice Staff, Football Helmet, 2 boomerangs and Honey Poultices.

How to kill:1 attack it with your melee weapon, Heal if needed 2 use yours ranged weapons (you not need the football helmet you no takes much damage). Heal if needed.

I'm test more forms soon!bye!

...why make things hard? Juste have 2 log suit, 2 football helmet, tentacle spike or spear and you can kill pretty everything...(and a bit of heal)

or a ham bat? And/or some ranged weps.

Edit. Forgot staves! You gotta have them!

ranged weapons are useless...and the staves are unworthy...

I had great success killing the dragonfly using 28 blow darts.  It isn't as hard to get as you'd think, as boomerangs are cheap to make and can kill 10 snow birds each

overcomplicated, inefficient combat strategies

Hey man, if you can't fight, you've got three options.

1. Learn to fight, dude

2. Facetank that baddy

3. Seek other things to kill it for you

Making forum posts giving bad advice isn't really one of those options. Give me a little(or long) while and I'll update this post with some proper tips 'n tricks 'n stuff.

Deerclops, Bearger and Goose/Moose can all be dealt with the same way. The best item in the entire game: Tooth traps.

Sort of a tedious process, but the method to make those 3 giants and all future hound waves completely harmless is setting up a huge patch of ground covered with them. Just lure them over and watch them get spiked to death. If you know how to farm wood with the old bell and have enough grass around, you can pretty much pump out tooth traps as fast as the hounds drop teeth (save a few for sewing kits, of course).

Dragonfly is the annoying one. I consider myself pretty darn good at this game and he still causes me grief. If you want to face tank him you'll need at least 3 log suits, 2 football helmets, and a nice stack of healing items/food. He's essentially what I save marble armor for when I feel like doing it that way. Don't drop your backpack when you're near him like I've done, btw. 

Otherwise, if you don't want to face off on him, sleep darts or a pan flute and get him sleepy, put 15 gunpowder under him, light it up and run. Come back and collect your loot. Time it well though as he tends to be a light sleeper. 

If you problem is that you can't shake them from your base, you'll want a backup plan. As soon as you hear their intro sounds beat feet to an area where your structures are safe. Just have a light source available and kite them until the sun rises if you need to. 

Spider Queen and Treeguards aren't bosses. Both are hilariously kite-able. No one should ever get hit by either. Both have massive telegraphs to their attacks. Wait until you're being chased across the ruins by 25 shadow splumonkeys who just won't quit even though you have a walking cane. You will know pain... you will know pain...

Archived