Gameplay suggestions

Hello there,

I have been playing Don't Starve since a while now, and I find some logical things are missings:

- Range weapons are too expensive for their usefulness. Too much silk asked and not enough durability. Silk is not exactly the easiest resource to find.

The solution would be to introduce the throwing of things. More precisely the spear. A mod where you could throw your spear (for like 10% of it's durablity) would be great. You could then attack (at last!) birds.

Throwing a stone would momentarily stun the target. Throwing a stone in a specific place would make some creatures curious and go see it. Adding the Sling-shot could also be a solution (one rope and, like, 5 stones, for 5 ammunitions).

- Stack crafts. Being able to craft the same item more than once with only one action.

- Stack actions. (I take this one from Dota 2) Being able to stack actions with a shortcut (e.g: Shift). Every actions done while Shift is activated stacks.

- Adding the possibility (in options for example, or with a shortcut) to attack with the shortcut Space if a weapon is drawn (atm it only gathers resources).

- The capacity to yell. To scare creatures or to lure/attract them.

- The crafting of some fuels. e.g: refining some logs into wood fires, which would burn longer.

I think I got them all. But I might come back with more ideas. The absence of these features kinda slows the game. It could be muuuuch more interesting with those ones. Imho.

So if you modders find them interesting... Thank in advance!!

Are these for mods or the vanilla game? Because if they're for the latter, we need a thread move.

A mod where you could throw your spear [...] would be great.

So if you modders find them interesting...

Just saying.

Btw, there is a rock throwing mod already.

Yes, these are changing the gameplay and so the natural balance the game designers have already placed. Throwing stuffs and all break the early stages of the game, making some resources way easier to get (feathers, rabbits, ...).

So I think it is more fit for mods. Some players might not like some of these ideas to be directly implemented.

Yes, these are changing the gameplay and so the natural balance the game designers have already placed. Throwing stuffs and all break the early stages of the game, making some resources way easier to get (feathers, rabbits, ...).

So I think it is more fit for mods. Some players might not like some of these ideas to be directly implemented.

i have talked about slingshot earlier and i made the sugg of the cat-a-rang, we should be friend!

I have so much silk, I wish I could eat it!  I've made several top hats which are laying around, I've made bug nets, fishing poles, and still have stacks and stacks of silk, and I'm not even trying to farm it.

With the way spider nests propagate now (spider queens)... Finding silk seems to be the least of my problems.

Archived