How long till Moslings hatch?

Does anyone know how long between Goose Moose laying her egg, and it hatching?

I'm just recovering from a fight with Deerclops, and my equipment needs some sorting out, so I'm tempted to lead Goose Moose down into the swamp and get some tentacles to help finish her off, but I'm wondering if by the time I get back I'll have moslings to deal with.

Edit:  Well, they hatched so that answers my question.

MS appeared on day 129, I think she laid the egg maybe day 130 or 131 and it's now day 133, so it took 2 or 3 days to hatch.

Edit 2: I did it!  I got Goose Moose killed by tentacles and mermen, and a couple of the moslings too, then I took the remaining 3 moslings on and killed them.  I have 14 feathers, but I'll go back and search the swamp later to make sure I didn't miss any.

The only time I came across a Mossling Egg. I waited a day and broke it open with a hammer. It hurt too so if you decide to go that route, be prepared to heal up before too long. Also, get an army of Pigmen to help you.

Thank for replying.

I did that last time too, but this time I'm miles from my base since I was hunting walruses, so I need to know if I'll have time to prepare or if the Moslings will hatch themselves and wander off while I'm gone.

Well I've got MG into the swamp and she seems happy there, hopping around and killing the odd tenatacle, so I think I'm safe to collect Chester from where I left him and go back to my base for supplies.

I'd still like to hear from anyone who knows this though, so I have an idea of how long I've got.

She laid her egg the day she appeared or the day after for me.  I left her alone, just kept an eye on her, and if you don't get too close she doesn't attack, then I went to do something, came back and the egg was there.  I don't know if she'd lay the egg if you're watching - maybe it has to be off-screen.

When I found the moslings had hatched I couldn't find Goose Moose, so I thought maybe she despawned or something.  So I attacked one of the moslings to get them to follow me, but they all started making a noise instead and she reappeared on the nest.  Then she started following and trying to attack me, with them trailing behind, very cute.

Which made it all easier since I was able to lead them all into the swamp, over to an area with plenty of tentacles and merms.

She laid her egg the day she appeared or the day after for me.  I left her alone, just kept an eye on her, and if you don't get too close she doesn't attack, then I went to do something, came back and the egg was there.  I don't know if she'd lay the egg if you're watching - maybe it has to be off-screen.

When I found the moslings had hatched I couldn't find Goose Moose, so I thought maybe she despawned or something.  So I attacked one of the moslings to get them to follow me, but they all started making a noise instead and she reappeared on the nest.  Then she started following and trying to attack me, with them trailing behind, very cute.

Which made it all easier since I was able to lead them all into the swamp, over to an area with plenty of tentacles and merms.

The eggs are laid after 1-2 days (it's randomised); it doesn't need to be offscreen. The eggs hatch after 2 days.

Archived