'Together' world

Together  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you like better?

• The world can only be activated with at least 2 people
    • The world can only be activated with ALL the people in
    • The world can be activated without depending on the amount of people

So the thing is, I think (although it is a pain in the ass :wilson_worried: ) that the world shouldn't be able to be connected without at least two people in, if not all the people in the same server. If we do as the individual people do the worlds, there are problems with saving, hound attacks and Vargs. Any ideas?

I believe he's saying that lets say there are three people playing. When one leaves its all good. However once the second leaves leaving only one person in the server that person will not be able to continue until another person comes on.

Some people have been saying that you should be able to continue on your own (practically singleplayer...) and wait for their return. He's saying no you shouldn't.

At least that's how I read it.

I believe he's saying that lets say there are three people playing. When one leaves its all good. However once the second leaves leaving only one person in the server that person will not be able to continue until another person comes on.

Some people have been saying that you should be able to continue on your own (practically singleplayer...) and wait for their return. He's saying no you shouldn't.

At least that's how I read it.

If that's what he's saying, I disagree with him. It would be an unnecessary forced mechanic that the devs shouldn't waste their time implementing.

If you're saying you SHOULDN'T be able to play on a server without anybody

else on, I don't understand exactly why that should be. Also, it would make it basically

impossible to get back on since the server wouldn't let one person stay on, and just

one person trying to connect would be unable to because...well, they couldn't! Meaning

that there would essentially have to at least 2 players on at all time to prevent a

permanent lockout.

If you're saying there's some technical reason that it wouldn't work...well, all sorts of games

from TF2 to Terraria allow servers to run with only one player on at a time, assuming either

that player is the operator or that it's a dedicated host server (open 24/7 regardless of

player count).

That said, there might not actually be any dedicated DST servers. We really don't know, since

Klei hasn't actually revealed much technical information.

Archived