Seasonal 'Notification' on Start of Game

I suppose this could also be a feature of vanilla, but it would be more useful in Reign of Giants.

So many of us know that cool notification that appears when we play adventure mode. Like, when the screen starts as black with the words, "Chapter 1 of 5; Archipelago" or something of the sort.

It would be cool if when we loaded up our save, it told us what season we were on, autumn, winter, spring, summer. It would also be helpful for new people who don't know what season they start on and don't quite know the color filters. The 'notification', as I am calling it' will not appear in the middle of a session when changing seasons.

I think players are intended to have to figure out whether it's spring or autumn for themselves. I kinda like having to do that.

Also, I think I'm always a little skeptical when someone suggests something because they think it would be helpful to new players. The game as a whole is hard on new players and that's how it's meant to be.

On the other hand, I guess it could still be added as an option for people who want things a bit easier.

I think players are intended to have to figure out whether it's spring or autumn for themselves. I kinda like having to do that.

Also, I think I'm always a little skeptical when someone suggests something because they think it would be helpful to new players. The game as a whole is hard on new players and that's how it's meant to be.

On the other hand, I guess it could still be added as an option for people who want things a bit easier.

in other terms, it's called mod

It's quite important to figure out what season you started on, so you know which "harsh" season to prepare for.

Spring is characterized by a green tint over the screen, ridiculous amounts of rain, and all the bees being angry.

Autumn is the most neutral season, and is characterized by Birch trees going from standard green, to red and brown (like Autumn in real life).

I understand why you all think this. For even a player who recently started, they quickly grasp the quirks and troubles each season has to offer. Now that I think about it, learning stuff like that on your own is quite fun, and is what the entire game is about. 

Archived