Map Creation Tool - Now so more than ever.

Very straight forward.

If we are going into multiplayer we need a Map Creation Tool, not the current 'Map generation alterino' we currently have but a from scratch Map Creation Tool.

Where we can choose what goes where and what spawns where, what that chest there contains or what happens if that chest is picked up, or even more; what happens when that item is picked up.

Now, I don't give a **** about PvP but you know what I do like the sound of, adventure style maps where you have to battle through Hounds and Vargs and the likes in a Co-op setting.

But for those PvP bloodthirsty guys you could make some Hunger Games style map like Minecraft has (Which are extremely popular), and other stuff like that 2 sides of the map idea, all of that kind of stuff.

Additional things that would be useful:

- Custom Spawns

- Mob paths (So we can use Giants as bosses and Hounds as patrols and the sorts.

- Maybe being able to change a specific mobs HP/Damage

- Not bound by the in-game rules (By this I mean placing trees close to each other for tree walls)

So yeah, custom map creation tool that allows us to change small details onto a map to make cool adventure type maps etc, I don't know, go wild community.

No! I made a typo in the title! It's supposed to say Now more* so* than ever.  This has got to be the worst thread ever...

Not so old thread. So posting here.

Working on it, actually working again on it.

Overview

14bj0o5.jpg

Selection and zoom in

16bhq2o.jpg

Terrain change

k4jrps.jpg

34o6mnk.jpg

Custom scripts per map. You can't really make custom maps without custom things on each map. For example a wave of hounds every 3 days attacking your base. Or a boss with 30k life so you need a pig army to defeat. Or whatever is needed.

mbu0bo.jpg

PS. The custom scripts functionality will require a mod. At the very least you will have 5 extra slots to play a normal game.

24v8mpz.jpg

That's the one we are looking for.

Very straight forward.

If we are going into multiplayer we need a Map Creation Tool, not the current 'Map generation alterino' we currently have but a from scratch Map Creation Tool.

Where we can choose what goes where and what spawns where, what that chest there contains or what happens if that chest is picked up, or even more; what happens when that item is picked up.

Now, I don't give a **** about PvP but you know what I do like the sound of, adventure style maps where you have to battle through Hounds and Vargs and the likes in a Co-op setting.

But for those PvP bloodthirsty guys you could make some Hunger Games style map like Minecraft has (Which are extremely popular), and other stuff like that 2 sides of the map idea, all of that kind of stuff.

Additional things that would be useful:

- Custom Spawns

- Mob paths (So we can use Giants as bosses and Hounds as patrols and the sorts.

- Maybe being able to change a specific mobs HP/Damage

- Not bound by the in-game rules (By this I mean placing trees close to each other for tree walls)

So yeah, custom map creation tool that allows us to change small details onto a map to make cool adventure type maps etc, I don't know, go wild community.

No! I made a typo in the title! It's supposed to say Now more* so* than ever.  This has got to be the worst thread ever...

I couldn't agree more! People could create their own maps or dungeons and have a group of four people run through it like an instance in WoW. I can certainly see Klei doing this with multiplayer.

Archived