Nightmare lights

They're not hallucinations, so simply Them attacking all players works just fine.

Also, at code level the shadow creatures that come out of the lights are different than the ones attracted by insanity (hostile by default, have "Nightmare" in their names), so that should not affect anything.

What do you mean  ? I know that they reduce sanity, but they attract shadow creatures ?

Nightmare lights are in the ruins, they basically spawn nightmare versions of the Terrorbeak and Crawling Horror when they are in the nightmare phase, that will attack you regardless of your sanity. There's not a max number that can attack you like the normal shadow creatures either. Since these are all different from the sanity ones, they hould be visible by everyone, and attack the poor unfortunate sod that's the closest to them.

Being with multiple people in the ruins should help a bit( multiple targets for the Nightmarebeak and Crawling Nightmare, but it's still a very dangerous place during nightmare phase...

Sorry for my noob question...I confused night lights and nightmare lights, as oCrapaCreeper said it. I'm stupid...

Don't feel bad I was really confused for a second too lol. I don't think night lights are useless though I have so much nightmare fuel..over 100 so I make use of them.

If you're insane, no one else can see hallucinations; just you swinging your spear like an idiot until it snaps because you swung it so much that it broke the stick.

The monsters in the ruins summoned by nightmare lights aren't hallucinations those creatures are much more real than hallucinations that appear when you grow less and less sane which is true since everyone can see the Crawling Terrors and Nightbeaks (yes, that's the name of those two hallucinations in the ruins) over the Crawling Horrors and Terrorbeaks.

If you're insane, no one else can see hallucinations; just you swinging your spear like an idiot until it snaps because you swung it so much that it broke the stick.

The monsters in the ruins summoned by nightmare lights aren't hallucinations those creatures are much more real than hallucinations that appear when you grow less and less sane which is true since everyone can see the Crawling Terrors and Nightbeaks (yes, that's the name of those two hallucinations in the ruins) over the Crawling Horrors and Terrorbeaks.

The shadow creatures from insanity aren't hallucinations either. They are all actual creatures attracted the insane and control the realm of DS (they are the beings Maxwell refers to as "Them", if you haven't been following the puzzles) It would make sense for other players to see others shadow creatures.

The shadow creatures from insanity aren't hallucinations either. They are all actual creatures attracted the insane and control the realm of DS (they are the beings Maxwell refers to as "Them", if you haven't been following the puzzles) It would make sense for other players to see others shadow creatures.

I have, I just don't think sometimes.

Archived