Does This Site Take Donations?

Hello there, I wasn't sure where to post this because I do not see a general forum that pertains to the site. I am curious if this site does donations? Most sites do have some sort of system set up for that and I was curious is Klei does as well, I like this place and Don't Starve and want to help their cause anyway I can. If the answer is no, then may I suggest it be created?

Well for all my friends it is free because they are PS+ members and already have the game so for them it will always be free. Anyway I am just a bit surprised myself seeing as Klei is a small company and games cost money to develop. Its the first fan site I have ever joined that does not have one..hmmm

Well for all my friends it is free because they are PS+ members and already have the game so for them it will always be free. Anyway I am just a bit surprised myself seeing as Klei is a small company and games cost money to develop. Its the first fan site I have ever joined that does not have one..hmmm

what other indie game sites have donation webpages to already released games? The only ones I've ever seen are ones that go to kickstarters or something similar.

what other indie game sites have donation webpages to already released games? The only ones I've ever seen are ones that go to kickstarters or something similar.

Well personally when I ran my own site I had a donation page, its not really donating to fund just games but to fund contests for members of the forum. I mean I don't know if they are into that sort of thing but wouldn't it be cool to have contests for DS? Win prizes directly from Klei, that is usually what donations go to with forums. I only speak from experience. I can understand they are very busy with the game but that is what Admins and mods are for, to host such things for the community.

Well personally when I ran my own site I had a donation page, its not really donating to fund just games but to fund contests for members of the forum. I mean I don't know if they are into that sort of thing but wouldn't it be cool to have contests for DS? Win prizes directly from Klei, that is usually what donations go to with forums. I only speak from experience. I can understand they are very busy with the game but that is what Admins and mods are for, to host such things for the community.

Such things have been attempted. Ask @TRENTOMINOUS

While we do appreciate the thought; as long as people are enjoying our games, hanging out and having fun with others on the forums, that's all that we ask for.

We really do appreciate everyone's continued support, and the fact that people are playing and enjoying our games means so much to us.

While we do appreciate the thought; as long as people are enjoying our games, hanging out and having fun with others on the forums, that's all that we ask for.

We really do appreciate everyone's continued support, and the fact that people are playing and enjoying our games means so much to us.

Wow you all are really selfless, just as kind as Seth was to me and my issues with the game. I hope the whole team never changes the way they are, it is refreshing to see a development team that is more concerned with the people having fun then money. I have run into many other developers that referred to me as a consumer, told me my opinion means nothing. From that day at PAX to see someone who helped create a game I love...actually acknowledge me, is what made me really fond of Klei.  I am not sure if Seth Rosen ever comes to these forums, but I thank you. You all rock :)

Kickstarter is a company that backs up fund raising for all sorts of things that people need money to get off the ground. From books to games to products, I have an account with them. Usually in return for a donation of money you get a reward, with Klei it was the plush Chester.

Attempted? What do you mean, this person you speak of they are a normal registered member. I am not sure it would be in their power to make something like that happen would they? 

Do not underestimate the powers of the force padiwan

Yea, I tried to make an award show, never really took off

Archived