Game-Mode suggestion

Yesterday i thought about the game and how to make it a little more interesting, so I came up with an game-mode idea.

(English is not my main language so please excuse my grammar and misspelling.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About my idea.

Main information about the idea: I would like to call the Game-Mode "Hurry!". When you start your "Don't Starve" you start a new game and then if my idea is implemented you get to pick either "normal mode" or "Hurry!". So when you pick "Hurry!" you spawn in a randomly generated world, and you are "a few days ahead the monster" depending on the difficult level you picked.

What monster? Well lets say you play "Hurry!" on "very easy". You spawn 10 days ahead of the monster, you can spend 10 days at the same spot before the monster catch up to you and eat you. So spend those days carefully, gather items, check out the area or start travel right away. Now this sounds kind of cheesy and easy. Well then change your difficult to Hard. You can only get a maximum of 2 days ahead of the monster, you can not travel with torches during night, you can not use "map". Now you get the picture of how hard it will get keep traveling?

Monster mechanics:

First of how will the monster work? It will follow your smell, so it will run where you already explored because if you get a map that is kind of a square you would not want the monster to catch, in other words, the monster wont take Shortcuts to get you, if it says "2 days away" it is to days away. The monster will always travel in 100 % speed, but you should be able to make some traps so it sometimes slows down the monster to about 80 %. If you travel where you already been the monster will gain a speed of 120 % meaning 2 ingame days will be more like 1.8 ingame days.

Trap monster mechanics:

Add a trap to the game that slows the monster. Lure the monster to the trap by placing a lot of food 1-20 depending on the difficult.

Map mechanics:

Okay i don't know if this works with the games coding but my suggestion is either you make a map unlimited and generated upon exploring "like minecraft", i'm not a coder but i believe this is hard to do? Then my other suggestion is that: When you have explored at least 1% of each map circle or/and bridge the game will pause for a minute and generate more map so you cant run out of it, this could be annoying but in my experience the game's map generator is fairly quick and it does not take more then 30 seconds - 2 minutes on different computers. As I said i'm not a coder but i believe this would be more easy to add to the game then a whole new generator that generates as you travel in game.

Difficulties:

(This difficulties probably need more balancing but i'm just putting out an idea of what difficulties might change.)

--You travel in 100 % monster travel at different speeds, meaning you will have to slow it down from time to time--

Very easy - maximum 10 days ahead. Torch-travel available during night. Map enabled. 2 meat to lure the monster. Monster speed 80 %, when lured 60 %, when you travel on the same spot 100 %.

Easy - maximum 8 days ahead. Torch-travel available during night. Map enabled. 4 meat to lure the monster.

Monster speed 85 %, when lured 65 %, when you travel on the same spot 105 %.

Normal - maximum 6 days ahead. Torch-travel available during night. Map enabled. 6 meat to lure the monster.

Monster speed 90 %, when lured 70 %, when you travel on the same spot 110 %.

Hard - maximum 4 days ahead. Torch-travel disabled during night. Map enabled. 8 meat to lure the monster.

Monster speed 100 %, when lured 75 %, when you travel on the same spot 115 %.

Very hard - maximum 2 days ahead. Torch-travel disabled during night. Map disabled. 10 meat to lure the monster.

Monster speed 105 %, when lured 80 %, when you travel on the same spot 120 %.

Custom - You choose the maximum days, torch-travel enabled/disabled and map enabled/disabled. you pick the amount of meat required to lure the monster. Monster speed ? %, when lured ? %, when you travel on the same spot ? %.

(This difficulties probably need more balancing but i'm just putting out an idea of what difficulties might change.)

The end: Well that is my idea on a small scale. Image you playing this game-mode on hard. You will always have to travel, collect fire fuel for the night, find food and offer some of that food for the trap, you have to always explore the map. Wont be fun if you run into a rocky place or a swamp, or maybe you travel in a hurry from the monster and unluckily you do not stumble upon any food or fire wood. Without the map you do not really know where you been unless you place some kind of a lead, you don't want to run where you've already been since the monster will gain speed.

Not sure on this: Should you be able to slay the monster and a new one spawn?

Please make serious responses on my suggestion for the game, feel free to build additional ideas and thoughts on my game-mode "Hurry!".