Random Merms in the Forest

I... I dont understand.

Exploring a new RoG world I made today with Maxwell. Default plus world. There are Merms... in the forest? I dont see any rundown houses. Just three Merms chasing me. Anyone else experience this?

Edit: Forgot to mention that there's no swamp near here. Just forest and a patch of savannah. Confusion all around.

They spawn randomly fighting pigs. They must have killed the pigs and then chased you

Really, how long has this been a thing? They were indeed surrounding a lone pighouse with a pig skin on the ground. 

Since almost the first patch on ROG I think but it is possible that you just never had one spawn

Yeah.. wow, that's pretty cool. I guess in my main RoG save my pig villages are so massive that they would kill merms pretty quickly and eat the remains before I get to see anything anyway. Thanks for the info. :)

Yeah.. wow, that's pretty cool. I guess in my main RoG save my pig villages are so massive that they would kill merms pretty quickly and eat the remains before I get to see anything anyway. Thanks for the info. :-)

No Problem  :lemo:

I love random Merms.

I got one trying to chase and kill me in the desert biome.

I was insane at the time, so I thought it was a hilarious new insanity effect.

Later I spotted that a random Merm house had spawned in the desert, surrounded by hound mounds. I like it, they spend all day killing each other.

Archived