Basically the same as cave quakes  that are above ground, only ice falls instead of minerals, maybe a few frogs and vegetation too.  Getting hit by the ice would hurt you and possible destroy structures.  

this would be a summer event, providing you that much needed respite from the heat with a few hailstones or kill you with a tragic blow to the head.

Getting hit by the ice would hurt you and possible destroy structures.  

Destroying structures seems a bit too much. Maybe it would 'dig out' plants and remove their pickable component (for example diging out the Grass Tufts and removing the Cut Grass even if it was already grown) to simulate the devastating effect that the heavy Hail Storms have on the crops?

Structures does seem a bit much in hindsight I like the idea of destroying other vegetation though. 

If you have - let's say 30 structures and half or even one third get destroyed then that's not a big deal? What if you really needed them at that moment? It's not only about the resources. What if you lose a key structure like the Lightning Rod or the ice Flingomatic? Soon you might lose even more buildings beacuse of that.

I got it when a  hailstorm occured outside, while I was played, during in-game summer, granted it's not summer yet, it reminded me of the many times before I experienced this during summer and don't discount that if properly exploited it makes summer a little less intense to get some ice from the heavens.

i was thinking.....ice in summer?no! Better thing tough,  an ash storm that grind any thing to make ash....with more science thing like ash detector(like rain) and something else like a ventilateur(???) that push the storm away with a lightning rod radius.... She won't last long but...

i was thinking.....ice in summer?no! Better thing tough,  an ash storm that grind any thing to make ash....with more science thing like ash detector(like rain) and something else like a ventilateur(???) that push the storm away with a lightning rod radius.... She won't last long but...

we could have seasonal desastors! every season a new storm like the hail and ash one@!

Archived