"lights out" preset needs a few improvements

Lights out is a fun concept, but there needs to be a few tweaks to make it more appealing, because at the moment, it is very dull and feels uneventful.

First off; there needs to be a short "day" cycle (it will remain night though) where standard day events occur, such as birds coming, rabbits coming out of their holes, beefalo being awake, the walrus hunting parting getting out, and so on and so forth. With out this, there are a few technology's that are blocked from the player, and the increments can be very short to keep the feel of a long night, about 2-4 should work to force the player to take advantage of that time of day quickly.

Secondly, can we get the music turned back on? The music is a part of the game, and just having it turned off for this preset because it is only night makes it rather dull and takes away from the gameplay in my opinion.

Other then that, the lights out preset is just fine.

agree with the music part, but since with nights out you are eventually going to run out of food(nothing grows at night), it would just take away from the chalenge if a slight daytime was added, not to mention the fact that these techs were most probably impossible(or kinda) to get, anyway, since you'd starve long before

ralph if you're assuming that the techs would be impossible anyway since you'd starve first I think you're overestimating how hard it is to get food in this game

In Lights Out, your options are -limited- severely yeah, but it's not like you can't do it anymore. It's just that there's only a few renewable options left, so you have to rely almost entirely on those instead of there being a large variety.

But anyway, I don't think there should be a slight piece of daytime in Lights Out. It'd kind of defeat the purpose. It WOULD be nice for music to come back though.

I guess you could maybe pick Long Night for this, but that only makes the clock about 50% night, 25% dusk and 25% day, so it wouldn't feel super lights-out-y?

Archived