Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

edi

Batalisk vision goggles

edi    1

How about goggles that allow you to see in the dark (much like the moggles, but maybe with a bright feel to it, instead of the somewhat dark feel of the moggles)? Maybe batalisks drop something to manufacture those goggles.

NeoDeusMachina    532

It's not that I don't like the idea, but I think we are perfectly fine with the Moggles, the Miner's hat and the Lantern, to name only the few items that are really viable for cave exploration. I think it would be overdoing it and making it more of an aesthetic choice, as this new item would be ''much like the moggles''. Could be a decent idea for a mod, though: visual modification of the smell-E-vision to make it brighter !

DwerBomb    6150

10/10 for originality!

The moogles are ok, we don't need another item that does the same but it's made of batlisks.

XirmiX    754

I personally think that Bat goggles would be even better than Moggles, as Moles can't even see and Bats are the ones that can see in the dark, plus would be another use for Batilisk wings instead of eating or Bat bat or something. Nice idea, thought, like it better than Moggles!

NeoDeusMachina    532

I personally think that Bat goggles would be even better than Moggles, as Moles can't even see and Bats are the ones that can see in the dark, plus would be another use for Batilisk wings instead of eating or Bat bat or something. Nice idea, thought, like it better than Moggles!

You are right about moles not seeing! If you read the description of the Moggles carefully, it says that it grants the wearer smell-e-vision, which is correct since moles have a good ''smell'' , not a good ''sight''!

XirmiX    754

You are right about moles not seeing! If you read the description of the Moggles carefully, it says that it grants the wearer smell-e-vision, which is correct since moles have a good ''smell'' , not a good ''sight''!

Meh, okay. If the Bat goggles are in the game, then instead of everything being red, black an white (which btw looks diabolical) The Bat goggles would make everything green, black and white, which would make sense as that's what night vision looks like, right?

debugman18    1122

Meh, okay. If the Bat goggles are in the game, then instead of everything being red, black an white (which btw looks diabolical) The Bat goggles would make everything green, black and white, which would make sense as that's what night vision looks like, right?

:p

That's not what night vision looks like. That's just what infrared equipment shows you. Bat vision likely is a violet shade with higher contrast.

XirmiX    754

:razz:

That's not what night vision looks like. That's just what infrared equipment shows you. Bat vision likely is a violet shade with higher contrast.

Oh well, you're the "expert".

debugman18    1122

Oh well, you're the "expert".

No, I'm no expert. :p I do really like science and biology, though. Bats' eyes actually can receive ultraviolet light. If we had bat vision in the game, we'd probably be drawn to flowers.

debugman18    1122

don't bats actually "see" using some kind of sonar?

That's a misconception. Bats see just fine (better than us, actually), they just use sonar to assist in locating prey.

Percival    766

don't bats actually "see" using some kind of sonar?

Echolocation helps, but bats aren't blind. They can see in sufficient light as well as we can.

debugman18    1122

Echolocation helps, but bats aren't blind. They can see in sufficient light as well as we can.

They can actually track certain flowers for their nectar by 'following' ultraviolet light that the flowers reflect. Not a correction, just a really cool bit of trivia!