Game should get harder over time, an idea would be spider eggs spreading on their own

Its easy to reach a point where you aren't engaged anymore. So i was thinking if spiders slowly spread their eggs over time you would eventually find large areas infested with them, making night progressively have more monsters and making you need to try and push the egg sacks back if they spread near your camp or are taking over an island.

Really anything else that would make dangers get worse over time would be good.

I'd also love a way to pick whether maps generate with bridges or one landmass.

In the last update teaser (11.December.2012) is a hidden picture of big spider, maybe a spider queen. Take a look at this thread: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?3414-Dec-11-Update-Naughty-amp-Nice-Preview-Video/page9

The devs didn't finish the game, this is just a beta. Only the early game is almost finished, in order that the people can already play Don't Starve. But they need more time to finish the mid and late game. They add monsters nearly every 2 weeks, so the game, espacially the mid and late game is going to get harder (the hounds last patch this scary big spider this or next patch).

I like that idea. But it has to be balanced with everything else on the map ugrading similarly too.

Like, the pig men start making and wearing their own football helmets and fortify their homes with bee mines.

Optimus Pine would start spawning in twos, then threes, and before you know it, the ENTIRE FOREST comes after you.

The Beefalo pretty much kill everything anyways.

So i was thinking if spiders slowly spread their eggs over time you would eventually find large areas infested with them, making night progressively have more monsters and making you need to try and push the egg sacks back if they spread near your camp or are taking over an island.

A while back we had a thread which involved "random events" that could occur from time to time in order to spice-up the game. One of the suggestions I had made was similar to yours, namely that from time to time spiders would depart then spider nest (tier-3) and create a new spider nest (tier-1). Players would need to Sooner or later deal with this "infestation" or risk being overwhelmed by spiders at night.

Of course, as the other forum members pointed out, it's been hinted that there will eventually be a giant spider, or spider queen. Furthermore, some players have speculated that it looks like there is a spider nest on its back. Odds are when you attack a spider nest, there may be chance you'll awaken this creature...

Of course I think it would be interesting if, after being awoken, it would walk across the island "planting spider sacs" and creating new spider nests.

I'd also love a way to pick whether maps generate with bridges or one landmass.

Well I'm not sure the stone bridges are intended for the final release, rather they may be a stop-gap measure to connect the islands. The final map may very well be a single island... but more naturally shaped than a simple circle. Other suggestion threads are hoping we'll eventually be able to travel by sea to other islands. Who knows?