How to kill giants with only spear and log suit

Hello everybody!This is a guide to newcomers who want to know how to kill giants in the manliest way. 

So, I decided to try and fight all 4 giants with only one spear and one log suit.I recommend using your mouse to move your character around and use the "f" key to hit the giants. 

post-351731-0-61599600-1398299492.png

Deerclops

200px-Deerclops.png

First, I want to talk about Deerclops and its attack patterns. He has a decent swing animation and a freezing ability so you generally don't want to get hit twice in a row. My suggestion is to run to a trail and have that nice movement speed bonus. The trick is to attack him two times and run as fast as you can. It will take half of your day so start a fire before battle. 

post-351731-0-12989600-1398306861_thumb.

Goose/Moose

200px-Goose.png

Goose is by far the easiest giant in RoG. You will have to get to a road like deerclops to do the maximum efficiency. Keep it on your left side of the screen and hit it three times. Move to the right immediately. If it honked away your weapon, you can quickly grab the weapon(press spacebar right away) as you move to your right. 

post-351731-0-48270400-1398303723_thumb.

Bearger

200px-Bearger.png

Bearger can be dealt with an unique kiting scheme as follow: 

it has 2 long swing animations followed by one aoe and a quick claw attack. it will loop these 4 steps if you are close to him. You can hit it thrice between the 2 swings and twice before its aoe. Move to it with haste right after the aoe and perform one hit. Proceed to move back and attack it three times. This way, you can kill it without taking any damage. 

post-351731-0-07598700-1398301533_thumb.

Warning: Dragonfly

200px-Dragonfly.png

This is code red. Repeat, code red. Do not try to kill it with only one spear and one logsuit. This will end in vain if you man up against it. Do not, I repeat, do not feed it ashes before the fight. It will chain its swing and AOE damage all at once if you do so (instantly killing you as a result). The only way to kill it surely is to get 2 jerky, one spear, 3 log suits. This is the bare minimum if you want to beat it. On to kiting, attack it twice with spear and run away from its aoe damage. Do tank up its swing attack (as it is impossible to run away from) and hit it twice again. 

Conclusion:

If you want to use any weapon besides spear, you are welcome to. Just don't use a walking cane. I recommend using other strategies shared throughout the community.But, if you are hardcore like me, do try to kill him using my guide.

All photos and image sources reserved to Don't Starve Game Wiki and Klei entertainment.If you feel that I am abusing the rights, please let me know. 

Bear in mind, this is a template of how to kill giants. You can create variants of this to fit in your style. I use spear and log suits because they are the most basic fighting equipment.

The reason why I strongly recommend using the f key instead of using mouse, for attacking, is because kiting has higher priority than hitting. The mouse is a sensitive piece of tool that lets you manipulate your character more freely than a keyboard, which in turn helps you time the attacks. 

@MaestarLibrarian I hope you are joking.You are using Gun powder and this is a guide to kiting and close combat. I even have gif to show you how to kite.

Please read my conclusion: I recommend using other strategies shared throughout the community

Edit:Seriously? You edit your post with totally different stuff, wth

@MaestarLibrarian I hope you are joking.You are using Gun powder and this is a guide to kiting and close combat. I even have gif to show you how to kite.

Please read my conclusion: I recommend using other strategies shared throughout the community

Edit:Seriously? You edit your post with totally different stuff, wth

Wut?

Also, look at the videos. They have videos on doing it the hard way for those saying "I like doing it the hard way".

So yeah, I added kiting.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a quota on neat giant-killing guides...

There will probably be a lot more of them come release anyway.

I think that using the roads to manipulate how fast you can kite is a cool idea. Do you think you could do the same thing with a walking cane if you switched it out with your spear really quickly?

Archived