Need to save _something_

The game's fun, interesting--graphics and sound are quirky and I like them, but...You go through two or three days chopping trees and breaking rocks and whatnot, which gets a little repetitive. Fine, I go with it... until I get randomly killed and have to start from scratch. Again. Gets old real quick. I don't know if there's an end to this game or not, but if the goal is to reach it, then dying should take you back to the last time you saved. If it's just to survive as long as possible, then I'm already bored.

Don't forget it's still in it's Beta im sure more will come in the future, Kinda like Minecraft...If they ever add Multiplayer or Co-op (Co-op would probably work best) the game would change completely, but thats still far ahead in the future...

Don't forget it's still in it's Beta im sure more will come in the future, Kinda like Minecraft...If they ever add Multiplayer or Co-op (Co-op would probably work best) the game would change completely, but thats still far ahead in the future...

Right now I'm not interested in playing for five "days" then having to start all over because I walked through a bad patch in the swamp.

Believe me, the "bad patches" aren't as bad a they used to be. A couple of builds before, if a spiketacle touched you, you would freeze in place until the "ouch" animation finished, which was longer than the "SMASH" animation from the spiketacle; so I hit would mean a slow and inevitable death.But you know what? I pointed out this issue and they fixed it right away and pushed an update. Because of that, I WOULD recommend the game as it is.It may not be your kind of game, and that's fine. But if what bugs you¹ is being beta-tester, then you should wait for the final release. This is an early-access beta, after all.¹See what I did there? :D

I would very much like to see the potential for semi-permanent things that take expensive magic and rare items (like the grave-spawned garden gnome) to build. However, given that this is a survival game, it would only really work if there is only one per game at a time, and when you die you have to reclaim it from some crazy creature who has taken up habitation. Example, you build the magic permanent farm plot using something you dug up from a grave, and then when you die, you have to kill some mutated plant to reclaim it for use.Beyond some mechanic like that, I am super-happy with the game as-is in terms of object permanence.

+1

Definitely agree that this game needs a save function of some sort. At least be able to continue for the beginning of that day.

And since the game's in it's Beta stage, a save function is more imperative than ever. There's too many accidental ways to die. I just died on day 8 by accidentally hitting a spider. I love the idea of this game and really hope a Save feature is added Soon, otherwise I can't see playing much longer. For people who like the challenge of not saving, maybe that can be a different hardness level...