Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

22winston

What Does Your Base Look Like?

22winston    46

My bases always look like a disorganized mess, but as long as it dose not all spontaneously combust, I'm happy.

lol thats really nice you know

NeoDeusMachina    262

My camp looks like this:

post-356277-0-61161800-1398297026_thumb.

I try to spread things out to prevent everything from burning up, although nothing ever caught fire.

That's Chester's anti-neutral-spiders area. I planted spider dens near my camp and this helps him stay alive against some of the spiders that roam too far during dusk/night or whenever one of the den becomes a spider queen and comes roaming inside my camp:

post-356277-0-25064800-1398297037_thumb.

And finally, the panic (anti-hounds) room. Made it exactly where I found the ring thing:

post-356277-0-66872800-1398297043_thumb.

I'm not really good at making things ''look good'', I prefer focusing on practical aspects. Oh, and here's my small cave outpost:

post-356277-0-83501300-1398297915_thumb.

Edit: I actually forgot to show the bottom right area of my camp, where my magical stuff is:

post-356277-0-74482500-1398299761_thumb.

mrtwoface    80

Your base looks really cool, I like Chester's innovative anti-neutral-spiders-area. Out of curiosity, how do you personally deal with Spider Queens as Webber? I imagine it must be quite annoying having all the dens you plant eventually end up as roaming insanity-inducing spider-stealing warmongers. 

22winston    46

My camp looks like this:

attachicon.gif2014-04-23_00001.jpg

I try to spread things out to prevent everything from burning up, although nothing ever caught fire.

That's Chester's anti-neutral-spiders area. I planted spider dens near my camp and this helps him stay alive against some of the spiders that roam too far during dusk/night or whenever one of the den becomes a spider queen and comes roaming inside my camp:

attachicon.gif2014-04-23_00002.jpg

And finally, the panic (anti-hounds) room. Made it exactly where I found the ring thing:

attachicon.gif2014-04-23_00003.jpg

I'm not really good at making things ''look good'', I prefer focusing on practical aspects. Oh, and here's my small cave outpost:

attachicon.gif2014-04-23_00004.jpg

that is amazing o.o

NeoDeusMachina    262

Your base looks really cool, I like Chester's innovative anti-neutral-spiders-area. Out of curiosity, how do you personally deal with Spider Queens as Webber? I imagine it must be quite annoying having all the dens you plant eventually end up as roaming insanity-inducing spider-stealing warmongers. 

Thanks =)

For the spider queens, since I planted many spider dens in the area near my base, I wait until dusk and recruit a strike force. I also steal the queen's followers. Then, spider king vs spider queen happens. As you can see from my spider hat collection, spider king wins.

mrtwoface    80

Thanks =)

For the spider queens, since I planted many spider dens in the area near my base, I wait until dusk and recruit a strike force. I also steal the queen's followers. Then, spider king vs spider queen happens. As you can see from my spider hat collection, spider king wins.

I figured it would be some kind of civil war, nice. I tried to play as Webber a couple of times but it seems like he has a rough start (or maybe I'm just dumb) with only 100 sanity and a spider egg with only a couple of spiders. I guess he is a more long-term character, especially judging from your experience.

NeoDeusMachina    262

I figured it would be some kind of civil war, nice. I tried to play as Webber a couple of times but it seems like he has a rough start (or maybe I'm just dumb) with only 100 sanity and a spider egg with only a couple of spiders. I guess he is a more long-term character, especially judging from your experience.

I must admit I was rather lucky since I randomly started during autumn, meaning I didn't have to struggle with sanity drop due to constant rain. Otherwise, garland and flowers are really good early game, especially when you run on 100 sanity. Try to collect green mushrooms whenever possible and cook them: + 15/100 is a lot as Webber. Overall, he is a really fun character to play with (in my opinion), so I strongly encourage you to give it one more try =)

I must admit I was rather lucky since I randomly started during autumn, meaning I didn't have to struggle with sanity drop due to constant rain. Otherwise, garland and flowers are really good early game, especially when you run on 100 sanity. Try to collect green mushrooms whenever possible and cook them: + 15/100 is a lot as Webber. Overall, he is a really fun character to play with (in my opinion), so I strongly encourage you to give it one more try =)

I agree.

Reminds me of a fun short story. (Challenged someone to see who could survive longer as webber, they died on day 8-ish because they got cornered by pigs. I lived on, but also eventually died.)

pwhampton    63

I wish I can have a challenge with a new character like you guys. =( Been playing this for far to long and can basically adapt to just about anything new ridiculously fast.

NeoDeusMachina    262

I recently added some night light to my camp. Well, not the actual item called night light, but some form of night light... Oh well, a picture is worth a thousand words ? xD

post-356277-0-06819400-1398386481_thumb.

It now possible to walk around my camp in ''complete darkness'' by constantly hopping from one firefly to another! Maybe it will save me someday...

emerphish    242

I recently added some night light to my camp. Well, not the actualy item called night light, but some form of night light... Oh well, a picture is worth a thousand words ? xD

attachicon.gif2014-04-24_00004.jpg

It now possible to walk around my camp in ''complete darkness'' by constantly hopping from a firefly to another! Maybe it will save me someday...

That's a thing????

NeoDeusMachina    262

If you have enough, then again, yes.

Seriously, what ''is a thing'' ? You got me confused there xD My brain is stuck with the ''teleportato things'' and there are none on the screenshot!

22winston    46

Lol Im still trying to get this stuff set up. Mod Is really fun really should be part of the game but some others should be left out.

emerphish    242

He means about getting around all night with just fireflies.

No, i didn't know you could put them down. I thought they would just leave... well you learn something new every day.

No, i didn't know you could put them down. I thought they would just leave... well you learn something new every day.

If you put them down during the dusk or day, they disappear.

But they don't disappear at night.