Overhauling of hounds

First of all, hounds will now get a massive stat bonus. Their stats also increase as time goes on, maybe gaining a few new variants overtime with special powers. They should always be around the "You can fight one or two but you probably will be almost dead after that" range.

The reason I suggest this is to make way for two new features:

-Hounds no longer just run up and attack the player. Now they wander around the player's base, doing things like attacking mobs, chewing up saplings/tufts/etc so they need fertilizer, and so on. They also act more like hounds, circling around your campfire (or your base if you have walls) slowly and menacingly.

-Hounds have really bad eyesight. Instead eyesight being in a radius like every other mob, now it's like a small cone in the area they are facing. this means you can sneak past them easily. A new type of weaker mob, the Bloodhound, could appear one day which has very good eyesight and needs to be taken out silently first. If you attack a hound, other hounds won't attack you unless they are close by. Other hounds will attack you if those hounds were close to them, in a sort of chain reaction.

-Hounds no longer just run up and attack the player. Now they wander around the player's base, doing things like attacking mobs, chewing up saplings/tufts/etc so they need fertilizer, and so on. They also act more like hounds, circling around your campfire (or your base if you have walls) slowly and menacingly.

Isn't this sort of what Krampus is meant to do? You know, disrupt the player's base and just generally annoy them?

Supposed, but also out of place inherently. Would nicely fill the role.

I just think the idea of hounds too good to be cast aside in favor of Krampus. Maybe they could work together, and Krampus could be remade as a sort of "beastmaster". Maybe late-game you see him riding in on a sleigh being pulled by Hounds or something.

Also why do you keep liking my posts even if you disagree with them?

I just think the idea of hounds too good to be cast aside in favor of Krampus. Maybe they could work together, and Krampus could be remade as a sort of "beastmaster". Maybe late-game you see him riding in on a sleigh being pulled by Hounds or something.

Also why do you keep liking my posts even if you disagree with them?

I might object to the fact, but you still identify the fact. :3

Archived