Heya!

I don't play Woodie but I know that it is impossible for him to pick up the glommer's flower during a full moon due to his werebeaver form. That's why come here, to share this idea with you.

An item preventing its transformation should be added to the game. Let's call it Holy Amulet (He is catholist after all). In order to build this, you'll need to use 10 holy waters. To craft 1 holy water, you'll need 5 ice and 1 gold nugget.
This item will have 10 uses and, if you wear it, each time Woodie should turn into a werebeaver, it will be prevented, and the amulet will lose 1 use.
In addition, holy water could be used by other characters to turn back a werepig into a normal pig.

What daya think about it?

To be honest, I'd rather religion was left out of the game all together, and I don't know where you got the information that he's catholic, seeing that all of the characters seem to have an unprecedented religious stance.

As for the amulet, it seems a bit OP to have 10 uses, however, it could be an option for players playing as Woodie to obtain Glommer.

Perhaps if the amulet had a high-ish cost to make and lower uses, then I might be for it, but as your suggestion stands, it's just far too OP to all together remove Woodie's debuff for such a small price.

To be honest, I'd rather religion was left out of the game all together, and I don't know where you got the information that he's catholic,

It was just a joke, don't worry. When Woodie inspects a Clockwork Priest he says that long time has passed since his last confession, or something like that.

For the amulet, 10 uses is may be too much, why not give it just 3 or 1? Like that it will stay a situationnal item.

3 ice+ 3 blue mushroom+ 3 gold: holy necklace (tier 1 magic)

Durability: 2 days

Effects: werepigs will not attack you unless provoked; as Woody, for as long as you have it equipped, you won't transform into werebeaver

Sanity: -1 sanity/min

How about this: Lucy can be charged up from chopping. When she reaches full gauge, the next transformation won't occur - all charge will be consumed from this trade. 

Two birds with one stone. Woodie's chop vs conversion rate is too ridiculous at the moment--the Full Moon + Tree-chopping cons of the character make werebeaver an almost ever-constant form that's tedious to avoid. 

If it were I, I'd follow suit with the Woody/Lucy mod a bit here and reshuffle the charge rate of the conversion to be slower, but the wear-off to be slower too. This, along with a very slow Lucy-charge would make the char worth playing. 

Interesting idea, but the fact that Lucy charges both the transormation rate AND the protection when choping is kinda awkward. Maybe when killing mobs instead?

All chopping charges the transformation rate, so, having Lucy as the charger makes more sense and doesn't complicate the whole process. See, back when Wilson's Meat Effigy was just his, it was weird having a char with an item that only they could construct. Since then, the structure has extended to all chars. So, it's really not in Klei's vision to have constructables that are restricted to chars - which is the issue with this item that only Woody has a use for. 

My idea involves utilising Woody's nonconstructable starting item as the device for preventing transformation - which makes sense as Lucy constantly warns Woody against chopping too much and losing control.

Anyway, I don't have any good ideas to resolve this issue. I'm not a fan of global utilities being limited from chars, but I also don't know how to solve this Glommer issue. 

Archived