Two Worlds is insane now

Hi. I dont mean to whine, but i've just experienced two worlds in adventure mode. I dont actually see how it's possible to do that map now, unless you brought with you cooling gear from the previous world. In the half a day it took me to burn to death from the suns heat i couldnt find a single unwithered sapling, never mind any way to cool myself. I ran as far as i could with walking cane equipped hoping to find something, anything to stop the burning -if i'd chanced across the wormhole i might have survived i suppose- but it seems a little harsh if thats really my only chance.

Maybe i'm just a noob, if so i'd welcome some tips. To me, "paradise" seemed anything but.

Perhaps if all the twigs werent withered i could make a pickaxe, and use it to get some nitre for endothermic fires (though i'd need grass for those and seems 99% of the grass is withered too).. if i could get to that stage, i could then turn the pickaxe into a heatstone and have half a chance of surviving a day...

Maybe with some luck it's possible, but it's pretty far from being a fun experience

It does seem like the original intention of two worlds got reversed with summer being the hardest season now.  I suggest doing any of the following: carry an ice cube hat with you, have a crafted endothermic fire pit already done (you can leave it unplaced in the tech bar), and/or carrying an umbrella.  

When you get to 2 worlds use your ice cube, prebuilt endothermic fire pit, and/or umbrella to survive till you find the wormhole and leave as soon as you can.

I think I finished my adventure mode run carrying around a walking stick, beefalo hat, umbrella, and a jerky stack.  Prebuilt structures like endothermic fire pit are definitely one of the things you should be doing before leaving each world if you are more concerned with survival than speed.  The ice hat is definitely the safest way to go though,  I almost died with just an umbrella but I found some clutch nitre and resources to make endothermic fires.

It does seem like the original intention of two worlds got reversed with summer being the hardest season now.  I suggest doing any of the following: carry an ice cube hat with you, have a crafted endothermic fire pit already done (you can leave it unplaced in the tech bar), and/or carrying an umbrella.  

When you get to 2 worlds use your ice cube, prebuilt endothermic fire pit, and/or umbrella to survive till you find the wormhole and leave as soon as you can.

I think I finished my adventure mode run carrying around a walking stick, beefalo hat, umbrella, and a jerky stack.  Prebuilt structures like endothermic fire pit are definitely one of the things you should be doing before leaving each world if you are more concerned with survival than speed.

Damn i had everything prebuilt too, i forgot all about them, i guess i was panicking. duh im stoopid oopid.

still... i can only prebuild 1, so thats a total of 2 fires... i guess it's doable though... i'm an idiot :(

Perhaps if all the twigs werent withered i could make a pickaxe, and use it to get some nitre for endothermic fires (though i'd need grass for those and seems 99% of the grass is withered too)..

I think it's pretty clear that the situation is a bug and will get fixed.  Unless they changed Maxwell's speech at the start of it?    As for twigs and grass, you could have dug them up.  You get a twig or grass for digging them up when they're withered.  Or at least, you did last time I tried it. 

seems more like an oversight than a bug to me.

I didnt know you got a cut grass for digging up a withered grass tuft, i just assumed you wouldnt. will have to check if thats true, seems strange if it is

Archived