Wilson just keeps on dieing...

Ikkei

Hey, everybody

I've been playing "Don't starve" for about two weeks now and am absolutly fascinated by the game and its design in general. While I had to learn the hard way that fighting spiders without armour and with an axe is propably not the best idea, I've been getting the hang of it more and more and discovered a lot of new things with every death.

I'd always been playing with Wilson and only for my latest try switched to Willow, to try her out - and to my surprise I managed to survive nearly 30 days, instead of being mauled to death by spiders or dogs after a couple of nights.

I was so happy I build a tent and switched to Wilson, so he could grow a beard I could shave... He never did, because that evening four dogs raided my camp, chased me half across the island and right into a couple of spider nests.

I just had to share this story, to stop me from biting my keyboard and shouting in agony and also have been wondering, whether the spiders just don't like Wilson or men in general or whether it has something to do with his hair? Maybe his haircut makes them angy, because it looks like a spider upside-down aka dead?

But seriously... is there a possibility, that Wilson just dies more frequently than Willow? (I haven't unlocked any of the other characters, so I wouldn't know about them).

Greeting from Germany,

Ikkei

edit: Also I just noticed I made a really embarasing spelling mistake in the title. So sorry for that.

What I like to do is stay away from spider nests and settle in an area with a high amount of Beefalo. If you aren't very good at fighting, you should run from the dogs/spiders and have the Beefalo take care of them.

Welcome to the forums ;)

I think you are just unlucky with Wilson, they all seem to be affected equally by the beasts of the game. I would suggest the "hit&run" tactic for them. Regarding the hounds, you can face them one by one, but I won't spoil you how to do it, I bet you'll figure it out by youself ;)