If Night light has no uses then why is it even there? who and why would make it?

I know that Night light is just one heck of hard item to make with 0 benefits except light, thought that's already done by all the other fires. So why is it even there, if it's that useless and only drains your sanity? Why don't the devs remove it? I wanna unlock all knowledge in the game fair and square but I don't want to make this old thing!

I know that Night light is just one heck of hard item to make with 0 benefits except light, thought that's already done by all the other fires. So why is it even there, if it's that useless and only drains your sanity? Why don't the devs remove it? I wanna unlock all knowledge in the game fair and square but I don't want to make this old thing!

So don't make it. Just because you personally don't like something doesn't mean other people want to make one because of how prettiful it is.

Let me tell you some unknown knowledge...

Opinon is not fact! Can you believe it? I barely could. Isn't it amazing that your opinion may be different to the opinion of someone else?

What are you talking about? Night light doesn't really have a good use does it? So why is that a thing? Why does that exist? I mean from what many people have suggested for the game and DLC none really has suggested a useless thing, now have they?

It's great for lowering your sanity while providing light. It's quite useful for hunting those shadow monsters, while maintaining survival space. I think it also prevents mobs from going inside the light area.

Hmm, I think I see your point, but it still seems useless to what amount it requires to make and what it is fueled with! So, I think it needs more features, say making mobs keep away from the light, as you said they might be already, make the hands not come and take out the light when a bit insane, have the night light's fire last a lot longer for say with full fuel last 3 days or something like that. Then it would be a worthy of a craftable item. If it has all those features I'll be glad to use it as one of my advantages to defeat insanity monsters when I'll want to go insane and get a heck of a lot of nightmare fuel!

What are you talking about? Night light doesn't really have a good use does it? So why is that a thing? Why does that exist? I mean from what many people have suggested for the game and DLC none really has suggested a useless thing, now have they?

Read the post above. And it's prettiful! And late-game, when you have over 3 stacks of nightmare fuel, that's not a problem. What's the use of the developers completely removing an item from the game just because 1 person gets offended that there's an item with not much use in the game. Hell, they're more useful than signs!

Read the post above. And it's prettiful! And late-game, when you have over 3 stacks of nightmare fuel, that's not a problem. What's the use of the developers completely removing an item from the game just because 1 person gets offended that there's an item with not much use in the game. Hell, they're more useful than signs!

Signs are easy to craft, but that's beside the point. I personally like the IDEA of night light but I would like more features to it. I'd really like that, and i've already listed some suggestions above.

Signs are easy to craft, but that's beside the point. I personally like the IDEA of night light but I would like more features to it. I'd really like that, and i've already listed some suggestions above.

I think it would be cool if it summoned weak, friendly shadows that defended the area that was lit up by the nightlight. So as long as it's lit, you get some defence.

S***, I could make that a mod! Adding that one to my todo list...

I don't do caves much, and I've never been to the ruins, but I have heard that the Night Light works well when you're down there because Nightmare fuel is really abundant.  Given that it's always dark down there, you'll need a constant source of light, and having to chop trees all the time (I don't think there are even many trees that far down) wouldn't be sustainable.

In the overworld, it's not very useful.

I just wish I knew why they had a shivering animation when standing beside it. He never froze, he just shivered. Does it make your blood run cold? 

I like how it looks personally so I use them on the surface sometimes too. But I agree with what others said, it's actually quite good in caves.

Why am I not surprised that you made this thread...

Night Light looks sexy as heck, it's a nice decoration, and great for nightmare themed camps, I wish it had more uses, like instead of making you warmer (does it even do that? I never checked) it should neutralize your body temperature, so you can't freeze nor burn when you are standing near it, but having not enough uses is not a reason to remove it, take pot plant for example:

Is it useful? No! Does it look good? Yes, that's why pot plant is in the game

Why am I not surprised that you made this thread...

Night Light looks sexy as heck, it's a nice decoration, and great for nightmare themed camps, I wish it had more uses, like instead of making you warmer (does it even do that? I never checked) it should neutralize your body temperature, so you can't freeze nor burn when you are standing near it, but having not enough uses is not a reason to remove it, take pot plant for example:

Is it useful? No! Does it look good? Yes, that's why pot plant is in the game

Yeah, but that's the pot plant's use! The fact that the Night light is fire makes it completely different (I thought someone was gonna bring up the plant). I just would like a bit more uses for the Night light, that's all.

Hmm, I think I see your point, but it still seems useless to what amount it requires to make and what it is fueled with! So, I think it needs more features, say making mobs keep away from the light, as you said they might be already, make the hands not come and take out the light when a bit insane, have the night light's fire last a lot longer for say with full fuel last 3 days or something like that. Then it would be a worthy of a craftable item. If it has all those features I'll be glad to use it as one of my advantages to defeat insanity monsters when I'll want to go insane and get a heck of a lot of nightmare fuel!

Only the most abundant material in the game!

Some gold, which exists in crazy amounts due to the pig king. Red gems. One or two every few in-game days when hounds come. What else does it need? Sticks or nightmare fuel or something? I don't remember, but it can't be that bad.

OP as crap, fine as it is.

Are you insane? It needs maybe 3 or 4 to get full. That means putting one on per night. Which is OP as crap.

PLUS is is actually more of a decor item.

Archived