Wilson's Beard

Well, now with Webber, Wilson is even less unique. I know his beard is different to Webber's one, but now his one unique ability is... Well, no longer unique.

I am fully aware that Wilson is meant to be the base character from which a new player learns to play the game, but now a character who gave me little interest compared to some others is now totally boring.

I'm sure this could be countered by removing Webber's beard, but I don't think that makes Wilson any more interesting, so I think it would be much better to add an ability to Wilson that is ONLY FOR EXPERIENCED PLAYERS. By which I mean, it will most likely not be found or used while first learning the ropes or setting up a camp, somewhat like Wickerbottom's books don't tend to be used until you have an established base and equipment to make them with. This would stop a new player becoming overly reliant on the ability while still giving more experienced players something unique to Wilson.

Any ideas are welcome, since all I can think of is a unique crafting tab.

I know it's not possible within the scope of this DLC, but I want Made Science.  I want to see a whole new tier/tab of items to craft, which takes a third tier science machine.  Tesla towers, frankenstein monsters, potions, dynamite, teleportation booth, hot air balloon etc etc.   The key to this tier of items is that every structure and item from this group permanently reduces your sanity while it exists, just like the meat effigy does for health.  Wilson's special ability will be reduced sanity loss (1/2 to 1/3 the norm).  To truly play up his scientist thing, which tbh is completely irrelevant to his character right now.  This would be a DLC all it's own and would bring in the tesla biome and clockwork pawns too!

Within the scope of RoG, I'm gine with him as-is and honestly that's 99% probability going to be what he stays.

I know it's not possible within the scope of this DLC, but I want Made Science.  I want to see a whole new tier/tab of items to craft, which takes a third tier science machine.  Tesla towers, frankenstein monsters, potions, dynamite, teleportation booth, hot air balloon etc etc.   The key to this tier of items is that every structure and item from this group permanently reduces your sanity while it exists, just like the meat effigy does for health.  Wilson's special ability will be reduced sanity loss (1/2 to 1/3 the norm).  To truly play up his scientist thing, which tbh is completely irrelevant to his character right now.  This would be a DLC all it's own and would bring in the tesla biome and clockwork pawns too!

Within the scope of RoG, I'm gine with him as-is and honestly that's 99% probability going to be what he stays.

I very much like the idea of him having a bonus if mad science was added and it would make perfect sense and would be good for more experienced players.

Maybe it's just me. Everyone else seems to be fine with Wilson but I've only played him maybe twice since unlocking more characters. Ah, well. I was just throwing out the idea.

I have questioned why the supposed scientist grows a beard instead of getting unique craftables and/or being more efficient in crafting science items is the default character.  It would of made more sense if the default was a bearded lady.  Wilson would still be in the roster, but free from the need to be basic.  Everything would be different today of that was true.

Maybe a future dlc could have variants of characters.  Wilson could finally get in touch with the mad side of science. 

Archived